All reviews waffles free breakfast was nice hot and cold offerings front desk bowling alley cracker barrel one night vending machine virginia beach handicap accessible room hour coffee check in was easy stuck in traffic huge bathroom fresh baked cookies stay there again nice clean hotel
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

The price was right but I'm so tired of bathrooms that are molded with dirty grout and rust everywhere because vents don't work! Location is close to the highway, shopping, bowling, movies and a variety of restaurants.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Stopped here on our way south....from the start our stay was flawless. Sonny was very friendly and got us checked in very quickly. The top. Was clean and had a nice big king bed that was very comfortable, bedding felt very clean and soft...
Seemed very quiet but to be honest we were tired and went right to bed. Bathroom was very clean. Breakfast was ok (I never judge a hotel on the breakfast...consider it a bonus if they have one) we just had some fruit. Access is easy on and off of 95. Lots of restaurants near by. In conclusion: we are pretty picky about our hotels, and this one was outstanding . Highly recommend

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2017

We stayed here for the Richmond NASCAR race which the track is about 50 min away. This was a very nice, well kept hotel. The breakfast area is very small. A little smaller than some continental breakfast areas but they did have pastry, fruit, yogurt, eggs to eat or for bagels, bacon, coffee, juice. The only real complaint we had was when we entered the room it smelled like cigarette smoke. We think it may have come from the AC vents. We did tell the first desk that night and on check out again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Fairly easy to get to from I-95, behind the Comfort Suites. Had a nice King room that was nice and quiet. Requested upstairs, away from highway noise and elevators. They gladly accommodated my request and I slept very soundly.
Breakfast was pretty good, but the egg rounds seemed like they had been pre-made, frozen, then thawed out. Petty rubbery. But the bacon was good, and they had some nice yogurt and other choices. I don't expect a 5-star breakfast, so this one was okay.

Room Tip: I always request a room away from highway noise, but this hotel is far enough from I-95 that it didn't matter.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Hotel was fine. Friendly staff. Bathroom was nice and clean. My husband slept well but neighbors talking till midnight kept me awake. It was very quiet after that. We had driven about 10 hours so it was nice to be able to walk to the El Charro restaurant right next door. I would be happy to stay at Sleep Inn Southpoint again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family