1) The pillows were 'UNsatisfactory: too hard & filled with 'chunks of foam'... with no alternatives available in the room or from the hotel.
2) As with my first-stay (a year ago), there were numerous maint-items that needed attn/work. During both stays, it's the bathroom that consistently had the most problems... as in various items NOT being securely attached. It's as if there's NO regular preventive-maint done... unless/until a guest complains. And I just don't have the time to do THEIR job for them... nor should I have to. Also, the shampoo, bath, etc 'containers' are badly-designed... as they're too small & quite difficult to 'open/close'. Further, the bathroom-design was POOR at best... plus the "Handicap-Access" making bathroom-usage even more difficult. The sink-design was LOUSY as well... as you had to lean 'uncomfortably-forward' to utilize the sink to avoid making a mess. Further, the toilet-paper holders were both 'too low' & 'too far back' for easy use.
3) As for breakfast, it is more-than-adequate... with the single overriding problem I observed being that the 'food-stations' are too close, & the 'coffee-are' difficult to access by more than 1-2 people. Further, the 'garbage-container' is too small & difficult to identify. Also, there should be 'TWO' waffle-stations instead of 'one'... as the 'long-wait' for others can be annoying, particularly when a single-party wants to make multiple-waffles.
4) One last item: the elevators are SLOW almost-beyond all comprehension. Not exactly unexpectedly, the 'fire-stairs' are located at either end of the hotel... with the one-set of elevators located right in 'the middle'. Another set of stairs next-to the elevators would have been both useful & 'time-saving'.
In summary, I don't plan on staying there again. However, I must say that the 'sound-proofing' in the guest-rooms was EXCEPTIONAL... especially since our room was located immediately-beside the elevators. Also, the hotel-staff does a very-nice job... except for their seemingly-nonexistent 'room-maintenance program'.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Fredericksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Fredericksburg Hotel Fredericksburg
- Wingate Hotel Fredericksburg
- Wingate Motel Fredericksburg