See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Disgusting not to mention dangerous. The hairdryer had electrical tape around the plug, the coffee maker, which I would never use in a cheap motel had scotch tape around it, the vent in the bathroom was clogged with lint and dust, the heating/AC unit was discolored dirty and the main panel was hanging loosely on the unit, the chair had brown, white and yellow stains on it, I moved a pillow and there was hair stuck to the headboard via vaseline or honey or some other material, the toilet seat was broken, I could go on. I took pictures. It was when I looked at the headboard I decided this place was a dump. I left and went back to the office and demanded my cc be credited. I was not in the room more than 10 minutes. I called Red Roof headquarters a few days later to tell them of the experience. They were sympathetic and said they were remodeling the rooms and offered me a gift card. I was not looking for anything but agreed. You know that whole conversation and me trying to be a good consumer was a scam. They never sent a thing. I called a few times and they said the first time it must of got lost in the mail. They would send it out again. Three more weeks went by. I called again they said they put tracking on it and it was received by someone I never heard of. I think this is their mode of operation they lie and try to placate you and never deliver. You could not pay now me to stay in a red roof Inn. I don't usually write reviews but this is going to be the first of a few that I plan to place on some other venues I'm glad I took pictures so I have evidence of and vindication. They could've apologized and I would've probably been satisfied but they went of out of their way and lie and make excuses and told me they lost my email address etc. etc. just perpetuated this event. I should have and now will read reviews before getting a room I am glad of this format that people can come forward and tell their experiences to save some others the grief and misery that they might go through.
KD

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
RRIfburg, Manager at Red Roof Inn Fredericksburg South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Red Roof Inn Fredericksburg South. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Today is May 8,2017.i booked a rm for Saturday May 6-Monday May 8.When i checked in on Saturday afternoon i did my normal routine to spray n wipe stuff down to sanitize.i go look in shower and tub in full of pubic hairs.i didnt feel like taking stuff back out of rm so i sprayed it town with Clorox n rinsed it out with shower.so then i looked at towels n they looked dirty.so i go to front desk no one was there.so i go to laundry rm where they wash sheets,towels, etc.this woman i believe from India gets smart with me n say why cant u get it from housekeeping. I am like u have all these cleans towels here.side note.if u stay here bring your own towels n wash cloths.they feel like Brillo pads.so the next day me and the ole lady leaves out to go to eat n site see.now this is about 9:30 am Sunday morning. We get back and its 4 pm and housekeeping didnt even come to clean room.trash was not taken out no clean sheets.beds were not made at all.so i went downstairs to get clean linen and towels n wash cloths. I was like no one came to clean our room.so i asked for linen for both beds and clean towels.i was very pissed off.so i go back to rm and they forgot to put pillow cases in with linen.so i go to laundry that same woman got smart with me again.Well today i checked out and told ladie at front desk about it and she apologized n gave me refund for Sunday.but shortly after i checked out like 30 mins later i get email from red roof apologizing to what happened and i didnt get room cleaned because housekeeping said i had a do no disturbed sign on door.which was a damn lie.i never put a do not disturb sign up.i was so pissed off.why would i complain about rm not being clean if i sign up.no matter where i stay i never put one up.i hate the fact that someone trys to insults my intelligence.house keeping there is horrible and that location will never get my business ever again.and from a Mans point of view be careful its a lot of shady looking folks there and they will watch u as soon as you get out of vehicle. Also its alot of vacant rms there which is adjacent to knights it which has vacant rms.i got the rm at that location because rates were cheap n good location. But lesson learned.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2017

You're on the road with your pooch and you're dog gone tired. You want an inexpensive place, but cheap usually means... .,You KNOW what it usually means. Dirty, strong odors and you're afraid to pull back those sheets. BUT
I was pleasantly surprised to find this place Clean, comfy, and at all at a great price. The front desk receptionist was very kind and even swapped my room when I had trouble getting my bag up the steps. Keep in mind, this is no 5 star hotel. It's just a place to get you off the road for some ZZZZZ's close to 95 and close to restaurants and shopping if that's what you're looking for.

Room Tip: Request first floor, no elevator
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Fredericksburg South. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

The hotel itself is not too good, needs a lot of cleaning, staying in a hotel you don't feel confortable turning on the AC unit because you see the fan full of dirt is not good and is not good to sleep in a place with bad smell. Blankets were stained and everything was outdated. They have to work a lot with their personal to do a better cleaning this is all this hotel needs.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 December 2016

Simple two story row motel with basic amenities just off Highway and next to a Knights Inn with same construction & design. Rooms fairly large and clean. Staff pleasant. Several restaurants nearby. Best for an overnight stop - late in, early out.

Room Tip: Try Red Roof Inn in Stafford if travelling I95.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo