“Awful...doesn't describe it all”

Travelodge Fredericksburg
Ranked #39 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg, VA
“Awful...doesn't describe it all”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We arrived at 10:30 at night, got our key and ready to settle in. Only problem was that our room, was pried open (anyone could of been there waiting for us). Our room WAS NOT EVEN READY! There were no comforters and the bed sheets were all bundled up onto a bed.
There was not an apology given and in fact the person manning the desk questioned my wife as if she was wrong/making it up.
It did smell like a smoker had the room prior to us (asthma issues with our family so we woke up coughing)...
We knew it wasn't going to be a "5 star" place, but we were shocked at the lack of cleanness in the room.
Oh, Yea...almost forgot. THEY DOUBLED BOOKED US TOO!

Room Tip: Don't get a room here! Spend an extra bit of money to get actual service!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

2 Thank Bill00912
Ida C, General Manager at Travelodge Fredericksburg, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for choosing Days Inn South during your recent visit to the Fredericksburg area. We deeply regret your dissatisfaction with your stay.
We strive to provide great service and clean rooms and it Is apparent from your comments that we failed to reach that goal. The housekeeping and guest services issues you described are not acceptable and definably not typical of the service we provide. Your comments are taken very seriously, and I assure you that steps have been taken to address your comments. It is only through the eyes of our guests that we can measure our true level of service, so your feedback is greatly appreciated. I know that you left very dissatisfied, but my hope it that you will give us another opportunity in the future to show our true level of service. Thank you again for your comments.

Ida Carter
Assistant General Manager
Days Inn Fredericksburg South
5316 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Fredericksburg, VA 22406
P- 540-898-6800
F- 540-891-6256
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Even by Days Inn low standards, this place is the pits. Let's start off with the positives. The front staff is very nice - I don't know how they work in this war zone of a motel. My hats go off to them. You get the idea of what is going on here when you see how they quite literally lock up front door access to the front office entrance once it gets dark (like a glass protected area and you work through a slot). We arrived to witness the aftermath of an actual assault on the second floor by a very skinny nasty older teenager who had beat up on her younger sister and brother (yes, there was blood and there was a lot of yelling and calls for help). We learned they are one of the families who live at the motel ... and of course the parents were nowhere around. I have traveled the earth and have stayed in some very weird third world places but this Days Inn would be legitimately scary for most people at night (my girlfriend was scared - I kept my daughter in the room). Clearly, it doubles as a long stay residence for folks down (way, way down) on their luck. I witnessed disreputable characters, girls who appear to live in their pajamas and walk around (trying to do exactly what I am not sure), questionable groups milling about, and worrisome, long dark looks from residents who appeared to be appraising who I was. Residents also appeared to be drunk or high or both (lot of happy high jinx talk). As to our own room, the tv cord was ripped out of the wall (I had to splice a connection), the remote did not work, the coffee pot was missing for the coffee maker and it didn't smell too great in the room. I recommend the nearby grocery store for beer and deli makings for sandwiches. Oh yeah, the pool - it wasn't open because the guy who cleans it didn't show up. I have stayed at this same Days Inn in prior years and while always a little bit sketchy, it used to at least be clean and used to have a working pool. I would say that it is now an out and out disaster. We went in late August on a road trip (sorry for the late review but you know what they say) and my girlfriend still talks about this place (and not in a good way). Like a really bad movie, it was so bad it was almost fun (for me ... not for my girlfriend or my 12 year old daughter). I wrote a long and detailed review to the Days Inn President and never heard a word back. The front staff is so nice I hate to say this but the owner of this place should just go ahead and make the transition and be honest and call this place what it really is - Longstay Residence for Undesirables. This place might be interesting if you are a cultural anthropologist or a sociologist looking to write a paper.

Room Tip: Easy. Go to another motel.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Mark D
Stephanie C, Director of Sales at Travelodge Fredericksburg, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for your comments on your stay back in August. We certainly appreciate your postive comments about our staff. Your comments regarding unruly guests and the condition of your room are upsetting. As new management in the hotel we have been working hard to address these unacceptable conditions and feel we have made great progress. Your review has been shared with staff and on behalf of Days Inn South Fredericksburg, we sincerly apologize and ask to give us another chance to show that we can exceed your expectations.

Travellers are raving about these Fredericksburg hotels

fredericksburg va
Reviewed 20 January 2012

The title sums it all up. Office sealed off dusk to dawn, "park at your own risk" signs, a non-smoking room that smells like the Marlboro Man was the last guest, not all of the lights work, smashed up chair . . . . the price is right but you're taking a risk; wish I hadn't.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank biff l
We are very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet you expectations. We are under new management and ask that you give us another chance to earn your business.
KansasCIty
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Gah I read the reviews ahead of time...a friend booked this not me. I feel bad for the owners that this place has such a bad reputation...it actually was bad too. I did not feel safe at all. We checked out the next day and stayed somewhere else. The pool was broke...the microwave and refridge were additional cost. $10 each per day. Just know if you read these reviews and stay here anyway you were warned.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank HowitzerWife
We are sorry to hear about your June stay with us and have taken your reviews under consideration. As we move forward, I would like to invite you back to witness for yourself all of the improvements made by new mangement.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Only stay here if you are looking for a place to sleep and a warm shower because that is all you will get. The place needs updated really bad! Staff is nice but hotel is need of updating.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends