“Disappointed & Dirty”

Ranked #4 of 11 Brookline B&B and Inns
New Hudson, Michigan
“Disappointed & Dirty”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Me and my mother stayed at the Beacon Inn April 6 to April 9, 2012. We were placed in the Fenway room. The room was big but dirty. When We went to put our clothes away in the old TV stand it was full of dirt and dust. Also old bad from CVS with a receipt from March 2011. We kept our clothes in our suitcases. The floor under the bed had an inch of dust. The gray rug in the bathroom looked like it had not been clean in a long time. When I asked for face cloth, I was told the guest tend to steal them so they had none. In the three nights we stayed there our room tidy once. The breakfast was coffee, limited tea one choice Earl Gray, yogurt, toast, bagel. No fruit.
No ice machine. You need to eat in your room. Also this room has the fire escape. I left a note with my concerns about there B&B it has been a month and I have not heard from this company. I will not every stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Beacon Inn at 1087 for a one night getaway from the kids recently and I've got to say, it didn't disappoint. The inn is a good value for the money in comparison to most of the places you will find around Boston these days. The room was great, pairing classic decor with modern amenities. It featured a very comfortable king sized bed, large windows which provided a great view and a private bathroom, which was an added bonus as most bed and breakfasts have shared ones. High speed wireless internet and flat screen TVs are also provided in all of the rooms. In the mornings, a complementary continental breakfast is offered and coffee is available 24 hours a day.

The Green Line (C Branch) is located literally right across the street from the front door and will get you to downtown Boston in about fifteen minutes. There is also a neighborhood grocery store and a couple of restaurants less than a five minute walk away. The Beacon Inn is in Brookline, a beautiful, quiet and safe part of Boston that we both felt safe in, even late at night coming back from our night out.

Last, the hosts were very accommodating and knowledgeable about the area. They gave great recommendations on where to go to dinner and even printed out directions for us! All in all, it was refreshing to stay in a place that had a friendly, personal touch and we will be back next time we're in Boston!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank worcester_paul55
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 February 2012

The Beacon Inn at 1087 is located in a residential, safe area near Boston University and about ten minutes from downtown Boston. The inn is also literally right across the street from the "T" (Boston's easy to use subway system for all you New England newbies). My husband and I stayed in the Fenway Room, which is very spacious and decorated in a way that compliments the Victorian style of this 19th century brownstone. The inn also provides free wireless internet and a flat screen TV that comes with "On Demand" for those who can't live without their creature comforts. The beds were comfortable and the housekeeping staff freshened up our room everyday, which was a nice touch. The only slight drawback is that, the staff isn't on call 24 hours a day, but they were more than attentive and helpful when present. For anyone looking to explore Boston without spending an arm and a leg, the Beacon Inn is where its at!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emerald_ananc
Deutschland
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Rooms and windows are not isolated so it was terrible noisy so you could hear and count each and every car and tram at night.

It was winter (January in Boston) and the heating installation didn't work at all.

Breakfast was awful and it didn't have even a place to sit (no chairs, no tables, ...).

Old, stinky, freezing ...

Boston can be expensive but for the price you pay in Beacon 1087 for sure you can get a better service somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paula A
Manchester, Vermont
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I had planned to only be in town for one night, but was forced to extend the stay a few extra nights. The staff was happy to extend my stay and made my visit to Boston a bit easier. The location was nice. It was a short walk to the longwood medical area where the family member I was visiting was located. This is also close to fenway park, a place I had never been before. They were closed this time of year but, it was cool to see regardless. My situation forcing me to stay in the city was not the best, but this establishment made it as easy as it could have been. I'd love to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dan m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#15 of 83 in Boston
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
The Inn at Longwood Medical
Hotel Commonwealth
Hotel Commonwealth
#8 of 83 in Boston

Been to Beacon Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK