“Excellant Mecican Fare at an easy comfortable ambience and Price.”
Review of El Tapatio

El Tapatio
Ranked #562 of 766 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Multi choice Menu of Excellant Mexican Cuisine. Easy location with abudant easy parking. Very comfortable atmosphere with Great Service and reasonable Prices. I love the Triple Chimichangas (1 of each), but all the choices are Good and they'll try to accomodate within reason any special orders or choices you may have. Been coming here for 12- 15 years now.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Well when me and my husband went in to eat the atmosphere was okay My husband ordered there burritos supreme and I ordered their two enchilada meal. I have never been so upset in my life when my meal came to me. The cheese was running off of the plate, the sauce was watery, you the rice was hard and stale, you couldn't even find the refried beans on the plate. The food was very poorly presented. When we got ready to pay for our meals, I told the cashier how I felt about the food, and that I was not satisfied with my food he just looked at me like I was crazy. I will never eat at El Tapatito again.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

This place reminded me of the Mexican places my dad took us to as kids. Tasty enchilada sauce that doesn't overpower the plate, homemade chips and salsa that don't fry your lips off, guacamole that isn't swimming in tomatoes and lime juice and all the other old favorites...what more could you ask for? These days people frown on Mexican restaurants that don't serve up the homestyle or taco truck authentic fare. Well, I've got news for you, this is the style that used to be prevalent in authentic restaurants 30 yrs ago, particularly if it was a large catered event, like a wedding or quinceanera. it still holds its title as the most popular restaurant choice in this country so it's no wonder there are so many of them.

It ain't the greatest but at least you won't feel like you've wasted your money either.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Just wanted a quick lunch with my girl, that's all, and what's better than Mexican food. I love the spicy and vibrant flavors from South of the border. If you do too, don't stop here. Bland, vanilla, and blah are the best descriptions for the food. Service was good, that gives them a Giant average in my book. But some spices amigos.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

We had gone here for years at least five until this last year. Our last at least four visits have been new staff which didn't go very smoothly. Our food my chicken quesadilla was burnt two visits in a row, missing guacamole, sour cream... and the chef actually flipped the black burnt side down like I wouldn't notice it? The taste and flavor has gone with their dishes and the salsa eh not fresh or good anymore. The margaritas by my favorite male server were great before, our last visits they were pure syrup. Just very sad that the quality is lost, service is bad and overall prices have gone WAY up. Ugh. Sad.