“Decent old school mexican”
Review of El Tapatio

El Tapatio
Ranked #542 of 798 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 February 2017

This place reminded me of the Mexican places my dad took us to as kids. Tasty enchilada sauce that doesn't overpower the plate, homemade chips and salsa that don't fry your lips off, guacamole that isn't swimming in tomatoes and lime juice and all the other old favorites...what more could you ask for? These days people frown on Mexican restaurants that don't serve up the homestyle or taco truck authentic fare. Well, I've got news for you, this is the style that used to be prevalent in authentic restaurants 30 yrs ago, particularly if it was a large catered event, like a wedding or quinceanera. it still holds its title as the most popular restaurant choice in this country so it's no wonder there are so many of them.

It ain't the greatest but at least you won't feel like you've wasted your money either.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Just wanted a quick lunch with my girl, that's all, and what's better than Mexican food. I love the spicy and vibrant flavors from South of the border. If you do too, don't stop here. Bland, vanilla, and blah are the best descriptions for the food. Service was good, that gives them a Giant average in my book. But some spices amigos.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

We had gone here for years at least five until this last year. Our last at least four visits have been new staff which didn't go very smoothly. Our food my chicken quesadilla was burnt two visits in a row, missing guacamole, sour cream... and the chef actually flipped the black burnt side down like I wouldn't notice it? The taste and flavor has gone with their dishes and the salsa eh not fresh or good anymore. The margaritas by my favorite male server were great before, our last visits they were pure syrup. Just very sad that the quality is lost, service is bad and overall prices have gone WAY up. Ugh. Sad.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

Generous portions, good value,salsa has some heat to it. I love the shredded beef enchiladas. Food arrive nice & hot, attentive servers. not a long wait. We have a new local favorite without driving all the way to the Mall.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

The food is consistent , delicious and piping hot! The service is good but with a little language barer . We go at least once a month. When we crave mexican El tapatio is where we go.

Been to El Tapatio? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK