All reviewsstudio suitefull size refrigeratorfree coffeestayed herenewer hotelrooms are spaciousan extended stayfront deskgreat hoteltop floorking bedplace to staydishwasherlendingamenitiespdxwalmart
Reviewed 6 October 2017

We arrived late at PDX and this was a good choice. Easy to get to with rented car. The suite was more than we needed but it was comfortable. In a nice area, was able to walk to dinner. I would stay again and disappointed we did not stay here for our last night in Portland. We choose another closer to airport that was not as nice or as convenient. I will be staying here if I return to Portland.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I stayed here for a night and had no issues while i stayed. This is located close to places for a quick bite in case you decide not to use the small kitchenette. The rooms are spacious and it did seem upgraded and new. The property is well maintained and would recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank kohil
Reviewed 21 August 2017

My best friend and a lot of others were flying in for our backyard wedding. My friend is from New England, is picky, and is an old guy like me. Our house was too crowded so I picked the Candlewood Suites. It is a new hotel in the Fisher's Landing area of East Vancouver Washington that is very close to my house. My friend was very pleased. So was I-the staff was excellent, the room quiet and comfortable. A new shopping area is across the street and a big shopping complex with Costco, WalMart, Home Depot, Starbucks etc is less than a mile away. PDX is about 15 minutes from here.

Room Tip: It's a quiet location. This room was on the second floor, easily accessible.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Better value if staying several days and want to eat-in. The studio suite was very clean and new looking, with kitchenette including full-size refrigerator, stove, microwave, toaster, coffee pot, sink, dishwasher and dishes. The queen bed was comfortable and the air conditioner worked fine. There is a larger screen TV, plenty of desk space and also a recliner chair. The room was quiet which is a plus. The staff was efficient, but not particularly warm or friendly. They do not provide any breakfast like so many other brands do and that is unfortunate if you are just passing through as it reduces the value considerably. Having to leave the hotel to find a breakfast spot, then return to brush teeth, etc and check out costs extra time and money if on a road trip. This may not be of concern to many, but we will try to avoid the brand in the future.

Room Tip: No good views due to the location. Rooms at rear are quiet, at least until new construction begins on the empty lots.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynden-Tom
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Vancouver-Camas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Hi Lynden-Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts regarding your stay at our hotel. I appreciate the high rating you gave us in terms of cleanliness and sleep quality. I am also glad to read that you found the room accommodations to your liking.

However, I am sorry for the disappointments you had with the lack of breakfast options. Your comments are noted and forwarded to our management team for proper evaluation. I greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to further understand what we can adjust or do more for our guests to get the most out of their stay with us.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Great facility but totally over priced.
Staff was cold and seemed to care less.
Breakfast buffet was very good but should be for the price.
Rooms were very comfortable and lighting was average.
Room was very quiet at night with no outside noise to deal with.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Vancouver-Camas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Hello Roy D,

Thanks for choosing Candlewood Suites Vancouver-Camasand leaving your honest feedback.

I am sorry to read that your stay was not exceptional because of some issues, particularly with the level of service and value.

It was good that you find our location satisfactory. All the issues you have raised are shared with hotel management for future improvements.

I know that this stay may not have been the best but I am hopeful for another opportunity to welcome you back for an improved experience.

Many thanks,