“Dinner before a movie”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2018

We had a great dinner at Petra House. Really enjoyed their mint tea and lemonade. My husband had a shrimp kabab and I had the chicken shawarma. Very tasty and large portions. The bread was warm and soft. We sat at one of the low tables inside a semi enclosed tent. Enjoyed the entire experience and would definitely go there again for a meal.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

My husband and I are always interested in experiencing different cuisines so when we heard about Petra House, we couldn't wait to check it out. It is located in a strip mall but you are transported into another world as you enter the restaurant. The decor is beautiful and it offers traditional or regular (western) seating. The traditional seating offers a more intimate experience with low benches and a large metal tray for the table. We chose to sit in a booth and it didn't take away from the unique experience. The server brought a bowl and pitcher to the table to wash our hands so we were prepared when our food arrived. Our choices were wonderful and went well with the hot tea (with mint). I am looking forward to going back and may talk my husband into trying the appetizer tray for two as everything looked amazing!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went on a Sunday afternoon to visit. I was eager to try this restaurant and came very hungry.

Did not look to busy but, waited to be seated over 5 minutes while 2 servers just kept looking at us until finally the female one said someone will help us soon.

Our drinks (iced tea) and appetizer came quickly enough. Tea was delish! Appetizer was “ok”. Expected more taste from the Sambousak but, was lacking any taste.

I ordered the meat Safiha....big mistake.
Looked like just a small amount of hamburger meat microwaved onto a crisp pizza dough and had set way to long before making it to our table. Plus, had no taste and the bread actually crunched when bitten into because it was so dry.

Husband had the combo Kabab plate.
More tasty than mine by a long shot but not enough rice and the chicken had a few very “chewy” pieces that were not chewable. The bread served was another tough piece of bread that was not eatable. Might have been an off day for bread????

Not once did our waiter return to our table to refill our tea glasses. They sat empty halfway thru our meal and stayed that way. Yes, that was my husband trying to get his last drop thru his straw.

Noticed our waiter hanging out at 2 other tables .... 1 of which had 2 guys his same age and 1 of which was a family that I think had family working in the kitchen (saw a cook coming and going to this table). I bring this up only because our waiter never returned to our table once he took our orders. A girl delivered our food and finally brought our bill to us. Sure would have loved some more tea....
Anyway, maybe it was an off day for food and service but, we won’t return and could not recommend this restaurant.
Would have liked to but cannot.

Thank sheilaalauddin .
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I love eating here, it’s my favorite place when I’m in Vancouver. The whole experience is lovely. We always opt for traditional seating and the rose water hand rinse is everyone’s favorite. The service is pleasant and the food is hot and arrives pretty quickly.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I was craving a good Mediterranean meal and experience but didn't want to go into Portland. So glad I found this place! What a Vancouver gem!

The place is beautiful inside and they have traditional seating (close to the ground) or else normal booths. My girls and I chose the traditional seating. First they rinse your hands with rose water. Since it was for my birthday we wanted to go all out.

We had the:
Hot and the iced Arabic tea - SO GOOD
Mezza appetizer plate for two - excellent sampler plate. The pita was excellent and homemade.
Chicken Kabobs- Chicken was perfectly cooked and moist. Basmatti rice was so good with the the Petra sauce
Mango smoothie - I ordered this for my toddler. It tasted good but was just a yogurt/mango smoothie
Baklava - very yummy
Rose syrup custard dessert - nice hint of rose, this is much like flan/custard

Must go there if you want a fun experience!