“Possibly one of my best hotel stays ever”

Hilton Vancouver Washington
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 April 2012

And I am not easily impressed. Definitely the quitest hotel I have ever stayed in. Nicely updated with super comfy beds and pillows. Nice view of the river and Interstate bridge. A little over priced at $109 for Vancouver but it was a "romantic" weekend for me and the hubby so we said what the hell. Parking is $12 in garage so if you aren't too worried about your vehicle look for a free space on the street. Starbucks in lobby. If you are doing breakfast hit Joe Brown's! Small dinner a few blocks from hotel with old fashioned cooking and tons of food for a little $$$$.

Room Tip: if they tell you its a river view make sure and go look at the room first! alot of them are only par...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hilton Vancouver Washington

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We have stayed several times at the Vancouver, WA Hilton. Each time has been wonderful. The rooms are spacious, clean and the beds are quite comfortable. The hotel is quiet and sits on bordering a nice little park. The pool & hot tub are wonderful. If you go on the weekend you can walk to the Farmer's Market. Easy on/off to I5. Desk staff very friendly and accomodating. Easy parking underground. A few good restaurant choices nearby. Haven't eaten at the hotel.

Room Tip: No need to pay for balcony room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Manager_98188, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thank you for the positive feedback! Vancouver Farmers Market is open Saturdays and Sunday March through October and features local art, produce and food. On your next trip be sure to try our restaurant, Gray’s at the Park. The menu features northwest sustainable cuisine paired with wonderful wines from the state of Washington and Oregon. Thanks again for the feedback!

Reviewed 19 March 2012

We recently spent two days at the Hilton Vancouver while at a dance competition/convention. The dance convention was being held at this hotel so it was a logical choice, and made it very convenient.

The hotel was fairly easy to find and valet parking and check in was efficient and easy. I had booked the "Romance Package" as it included two full American breakfasts, a discount on a dinner entree, and a bottle of sparkling wine, and this priced out a little better then the convention rate. The check in clerk was kind enough to give us a voucher for a free Continental breakfast for our daughter, which was very thoughtful and appreciated.

We had a great room; park view and at the end of the hallway in a back corner. It was large, quiet and spotless. The extra pillows I had requested were in the room, and the sparkling wine and chocolate dipped strawberries that were included in the package were promptly delivered.

Our room was cleaned in a timely manner each day, and I must compliment the hotel staff, who at times must have been overwhelmed with all the dancers, but they were polite, friendly and thoughful! I don't know if it was the hotel staff, our room location or if the dance particpants were just well behaved, but unlike many other times we've stayed in a hotel with large youth groups, the halls were quiet at night and we got a good sleep.

Breakfast each day was great, and we enjoyed our dinner at Gray's at The Park.

My only comment would be that valet parking at $18 a day is a bit expensive, but what can you do? If I returned, I would probably try and find somewhere else to park, but I'm not sure that will be easy in this area.

Overall, a very pleasant stay, and I would certainly recommend the Hilton Vancouver to anyone. We will book there the next time we are in the area. Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gracie-boo
Hotel_Manager_98188, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the service you received during your stay! Our team strives to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations. Regarding parking rates, we do offer self-parking which is less expensive that valet as well as parking on the street in downtown Vancouver is free on the weekends.

Thank you again for the feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

We picked this hotel because it was about a mile from relatives. We normally stay at the Doubletree at Lloyd Center.
First the good. Very comfortable bed. Quiet area on a Friday night. Staff were friendly, as always, I think the valet staff are some of the nicest people in any hotel.
Now the well, not so good. The restaurant. Over-priced and snobby. Breakfast for two should not cost $40.
It is a perfectly serviceable place if you need to be in Vancouver, but I would not recommend the restaurant. I would also not recommend any of the "upgrades" that are available to Hilton members. The large room we got for an additional $20 was nice, but not really needed. The view room was limited by the fact that there are only 7 floors to the hotel, and not much of view. The non view rooms must look at loading dock or Interstate 5, I am not sure.
Next time we will probably go back to the Doubletree at Lloyd Center and commute. They are both in the Hilton family, so everybody wins.

Room Tip: The extras are not worth the money. Get the basic room if you stay here. Valet parking is $5 more...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Manager_98188, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

We appreciate your positive feedback regarding the quietness of the hotel, comfortable beds and friendly staff. I apologize that our restaurant did not meet your expectations and I will discuss your comments with the staff. We do offer more value oriented breakfast items at our coffee bar as well. Regarding upgrades, we offer a number of upgrade options that include a view of beautiful Esther Short park, our quiet top floor rooms, and some include amenities such as breakfast.

We hope you give our hotel another try when you are in the area visiting family.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I usually stay in Portland, OR when visiting the area from Seattle. I took a chance and decided to stay on the Vancouver side at the Hilton for my recent weekend trip. This hotel is one of the better Hilton's that I've stayed at in the USA. The rooms were tastefully decorated and very clean, certainly met my expectations for a Hilton hotel. The breakfast downstairs was fantastic... enjoyed the Challah French Toast specifically, along with the great service that I've had for the 3 days we have had breakfast. I understand that changes are coming to the Hilton dining and I hope this Hilton is able to keep some of their dishes in the upcoming menu. Parking at the hotel was not a problem...garage is safe, well lighted and a good bargain for $8 a night. Wi-Fi in my room worked well with decent speeds. The beds were comfortable and very quiet. The LCD flat panel TV had good programming. If there was any room for improvement, I would ask if the room doors would not slam if one didn't close the door gently. Definitely a pet peeve of mine as I heard the doors slamming pretty regularly in the morning. Perhaps housekeeping could remember not to slam doors?

I also had my doggie with me and the staff was very cordial and mindful. The park across the street is very convenient to take my dog for a walk. I would be careful at night just like you would be visiting any park at night. The fitness center was very nice, huge and had modern equipment. I would definitely stay at this hotel in the future without question! Great job to the staff for making our stay one to remember.

Room Tip: A room by the elevators doesn't mean it will be noisy. Good separation from the elevators and t...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We have updated our menus at Gray’s at the Park but please know that our culinary team can still prepare most of the items that were on the previous menu just in case your favorite dish is missing.

We hope to see you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vancouver
7.1 km away
10.5 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Vancouver
1.5 km away
Red Lion Hotel on the River

Been to Hilton Vancouver Washington? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK