“Lovely view of the river, good food.”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #51 of 799 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Joe's Crab Shack brings fresh seafood, authentic flavors and Southern coastal flair to locations all across America. Joe's menu features crab, fish, lobster, mussels, clams and shrimp.
Reviewed 23 June 2015 via mobile

Went for a nice night out. We made a reservation (I believe they needed 4 hours advance) which they didn't recommend but we know how busy joes crab shacks can be so we went ahead and made one. Very much worth it being that when we arrived there was about 7 groups of 2-4 people waiting to be seated. The food was fresh and good. We had the Cajun steam pots and they were not a disappointment. Service was good. Loved the view of the water.

Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

Very slow, very poor service. I left hungry, then realized my cole slaw never came and the portions were bird food!
Funny how some Joe's can be exceptional! Not this one!

Reviewed 18 June 2015 via mobile

We were there for 15 minutes. Took a table in the bar. The table remained dirty for about 5 minutes or so. Three other tables were cleaned around us and given menus. 15 minutes later the table is clean and after 3 different trips by hostess we have menus. If you like good beer...not the place to eat. Seafood and good beer/wine should go hand in hand. Not here.

Reviewed 10 June 2015 via mobile

My husband and I went with a group of friends who live in the area. I wasn't that hungry and neither was my husband but our friends were starving. So my husband ordered the crab cakes which the menu said was one of the big favorites. I just ordered shrimp and a dinner salad. Neither of our dishes were very good. But our friends had a few different buckets of seafood they had on the menu. They loved them. Said they were amazing. That's why I gave it 3 stars. Because maybe that's the draw of eating at this restaurant. Come hungry and order one of the large buckets.

Reviewed 8 June 2015

After a long day of hiking, we ended up here because the restaurant we had chosen for my husband's birthday dinner was packed. This is a great, casual restaurant. The wait staff were welcoming (the host staff wasn't as much) and suggested food & other places we might enjoy visiting on our trip. We even asked about something we had seen on the hike and the server gladly told us about it. We did not feel rushed, the food was excellent, and the atmosphere was relaxed.

Been to Joe's Crab Shack? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK