“Curries delights”

Tiger's Garden
Ranked #58 of 801 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I decided to have Thai when we visited Vancouver, Washington. Which, apparently, there are a lot of choices, but we decided on Wild Tiger. I was very happy with this choice, because the curries were very good. I had the Mussaman Curry and my husband had the Panang curry with jumbo shrimp.

The Mussaman Curry was Devine. I was able to taste the cumin and all the other spices without it being over bearing. The chile spice was mild, so I was able to enjoy the texture of the vegetables and chicken. (Sometimes when it's too spicy hot you are just drowning your food with water and not enjoying it.) The vegetables were not overlooked and the chicken was moist. The right combination of spices made a very enjoyable meal.

My husband's Panang curry was also well rounded. A different flavor, of coconut milk and spices, yet, very good. The shrimp were jumbo and cooked just right. No rubber texture, light and tasty. The dish came with 12 shrimps, green beans, bell peppers, asparagus and onions. It all blended great with the Panang curry.

Service was good, in that you were greeted with a smile and seated right away. Your order was taken promptly, you did not have to wait too long for your food. If you needed anything the server was available to provide it for you.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 29 September 2016

I love this place. HUGE menu full of options with rice noodles for gluten free and large portions with great pricing. They do ask if you like mild, medium or spicy. The medium is a little spicy. I have eaten here many times and am never disappointed. Very good service and great staff. Its all good! My favorite is the showering rama with peanut sauce. But I love the peanut sauce!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Great service, great food! Great selection and very nice and clean surroundings. Nicely located with ample parking

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 25 January 2016

This was the first time I have been here. I came with a couple of friends who had been here. The food was excellent. Full of menu of food. I had the stir fry Rama Roma with chicken, medium spicy. I loved it. The atmosphere is small but very comfortable. I am ready to go back. Prices are reasonable for the amount of food you receive.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 25 January 2016

This place use to be better but seems a bit shabby and cheap. I went for soup and apps and must say fairly disappointed. It wasn't inedible but just seemed like it was using cheap ingredients. The chicken was so dry it was almost to chewy in the Satays and the food. Probably won't be going back.

Date of visit: January 2016