All reviews dvd player hi express room was nice and clean breakfast room yogurt would stay again top floor coffee maker hie elevator mall pros cons desk highway properties
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Stayed at this Holiday In Express due to always having a good experience with Holiday Inn Hotels. The manager on duty was Gary when we checked in. He was quick, polite and knowledgeable of the Vancouver/Portland area. Although when I asked him about their famous cookies served in the evening he replied "we only do the cookies Tuesdays through Thursdays." We were staying Friday evening. I joked about wanting to leave and made Gary laugh, but sadly no cookies. :p

After waiting an unusual time for the elevator, we arrived at our room. Very clean, very comfy bed and pillows and nice amenities including a Keurig coffee maker. The complimentary breakfast was nice in the morning with hot coffee, a variety of food options including a pancake maker; yum! If we come back to the area we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 621elizabethr
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Five of the rooms are directly above the pool. The pool does not close until 11 pm or midnight. If the swimmers are noisy, then it is very difficult to sleep. If you are assigned room 218, 220, 222, 224, or 226 at check-in, I strongly recommend asking for a different room.

Room Tip: Avoid 218, 220, 222, 224, or 226.
Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank centraliowan
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Hello centraliowan,

Thanks for choosing our hotel chain! We appreciate your thoughts about the rooms by the pool. This will help our guests decide which rooms to book depending on their preference. I'm sorry you had difficulty sleeping because of other guests. We'd like to do better with noise control and I hope you'd give us another opportunity to win you over!

Safe travels,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 23 July 2017

The front desk people are extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean. The beds are comfortable. And if on the top floor, the rooms are quiet. The breakfast is very average and offers the typical sweet rolls and muffins, make them yourself waffles, a couple of cold cereals, instant oatmeal, a hot egg offering, some kind of hot meat such as bacon or sausage, yogurt, juice, coffee and a very meager variety of tea. At least they have gluten free muffins and bagels for those of us who are gluten intolerant or worse, but you have to ask for them. They are not set out. Unfortunately the eggs had cheese in them--a sort of omelet, and because I am dairy intolerant I couldn't eat them. Not a whole lot of choices for people like me. As mentioned earlier, the tea choices were meager--only two varieties--one with caffeine and one without. I do not drink coffee because I can't stand it. The location is good, especially if one is interested in visiting the mall, although I was there for a training a little further up highway 500. The price is good for what one gets. I would stay here again if needed, but would bring my own tea and protein bars for breakfast with the hotel provided Udi bagel and bacon as a side.

Room Tip: Top floor and wait for it, it's worth it
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Hello PullmanCougar,

Thank you for posting a review for the Holiday Inn Express Vancouver Mall/Portland Area, WA. I appreciate your recent visit. I am happy to learn that you were impressed with our hotel staff and that you enjoyed a restful sleep due to the room's quiet atmosphere. It is our goal to make your accommodations as comfortable as possible.

I understand that your requirements for breakfast were not met and I'm sorry this impacted your experience at our hotel. Your comments are important and these will help our management team to improve the selection of food and drinks.

We look forward to your return!

Kind Regards,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 23 July 2017

This hotel could be difficult to find because Google Map showed 2 Route 500s in the local area. The hotel was fine with helpful reception staff. We failed to notice that the room door safety lock had been broken off until we unpacked. A new room was offered immediately but we declined as repair was promised the first morning of a 2 day stay. The lock was replaced as promised. Free DVDs were available from large collection. The player was too complex to work until the in house maintenance man left good instructions for night two. Breakfast was good. There were restaurants within walking distance and free parking.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Spent 3 nights at this property while in Vancouver visiting my grandparents at a nearby nursing home. The hotel was very clean and had a very new feeling to it. The staff was very friendly, greeting me every time I saw one in the hall. The breakfast was fresh and had plenty for my needs. I also think it has a very good central location to Portland and Vancouver. You can get anywhere you like in the area quickly and easily. I would definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo