“Pretty typical Motel 6”

Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Medford, Oregon
“Pretty typical Motel 6”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This motel is what I have come to expect from the Motel 6 chain. Super friendly desk people, and clean but rundown rooms. My only caution, if you want to call it that, is that beyond a small discount for AARP or AAA, you pay the full advertised amount. For example: I recently stayed at the Extended stay America right across the chainlink fence from this motel. I booked the room at the ESA in advance on priceline and paid about the same for 2 nights as I paid for 1 night at the Motel 6. Motel 6 won't budge on their rates. But I needed to stay one more night in Vancouver because of family emergency. No problem with fleas or bedbugs like one other guest reported. Next time I have to go to Vancouver on the spur of the moment, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here.
Seriously, people- Does anyone still use those coffeemakers in the rooms? After the expose on T.V. about people urinating in them, washing their panties in them, etc.? I have my own hot water kettle I plug in and use a French press for coffee. My wife uses it for her tea. We avoid motel room coffeemakers like the plague.

Room Tip: The previous poster was right! What used to be the pool is now bed storage! Wish I had taken a pictu...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank slider05
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Salem, OR
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Toilet seat was loose. Exhaust fan cover in bathroom had never been cleaned and was full of exhaust dust and crud. Beds were the worst, Pillows were a joke. Barking dog on neighboring property barked all night. Pool is now used as a storage room and full of mattresses and other junk. Or was that Jed Clampets suite? You should have enough common sense to at least cover the windows so customers like myself don't have to look at all your junk. People standing outside of rooms smoking and cigarette butts everywhere. Do not appreciate having to walk through a wall of smoke to get in and out of my room. Gas can and garbage outside of neighboring room doors. I was concerned for my car and its contents all night. This was an all around trailer trash hotel that attracted the same. Dirt stains in the corners of the bathroom floor. Stains in the carpet. My room mate wore socks in the room because she was freaked out by the poor quality of the room. Her socks were dark with filth after only 2 days stay and we were only at the room in the evening and to sleep. Fruit loop cereal or something similar was spilled into the rooms heater unit and you could see all kinds of filth all over the heater unit and it made you not want to even touch the unit. Difficult to figure out the right temperature setting for the room with only staying in the room for 1-2 nights. So room was either too cold or too hot which made for a crappy nights sleep. I reported the filth to the front desk and she said the maids don’t have vacuum hoses to clean the heater units out. So cereal and filth have been in and on unit for who knows how long. This place was a dive and I will warn people about it. I almost forgot their were cigarette burns or something like it on the toilet seat. This was supposed to be smoke free room. Banging and noise from neighboring units that sounded like slamming things against the walls.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ken C

Travellers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Tri-Cities, WA
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I used to go here every time I was in the Vancouver area. It has been a part of several chains over the years and it is showing it's age. SInce I travel with my dogs, I liked that there was plenty of grass and the staff is awesome! Unfortunately, their professionalism cannot make up for the fact that this hotel needs maintenance badly! I let the property and corporate know last year that the beds are in sore need of replacing. This year, the beds are another year older and worse than ever. I think I got only 2 hrs worth of sleep. The carpeting is now filthy, and white socks turn black within minutes.

I developed symptoms of migraine, nausea, and sore throat on the 2nd morning. I thought I was just getting sick. My roommate has reported to me that except for the sore throat, she also developed headache and 'not quite right' symptoms on Monday am. I now wonder if there is a mold problem???

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Bellevue, Washington, United States
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I rarely write reviews but I am writing this review to hopefully spare others from having to go through what happened to us after staying here. We stayed 2 nights here in Sept 2011 and after the very first night both my husband and I woke up to numerious bug bites and lots of itching. At first we thought it was bed bugs but than a few days after we get home I noticed the cat which we brought with us was itching like crazy. Now I have owned indoor only cat for over 15 years now and never once have we had a flea. I examine my cat closely and find several fleas crawling on her. A few days later my other cats now also have fleas as well as we found fleas on our bed. I had to go to the pet store buy advantage, flea shampoo, and flea spray costing over $100. Now we are stuck with fleas in our house and I have had to clean all the carpets, bedding, cat furnature, our luggage. My cat has now been scratching so bad that she has major bald spots and inflamed red skin on several places of her body. Our family is also still itching very bad even though it has been about a week since staying there. I got probably close to 20 flea bites in just two nights staying here and the itching is driving me crazy. When I wrote to complain they just sent me a copy and paste apology response. I am not complaining to higher authority and if they wont give me a refund I am doing a charge back with my credit card. Please don't stay here unless you want to get bitten a lot by fleas and bring them home with you. Trust me its not worth the saving on the price of the hotel because you will end up paying much more trying to get rid of the fleas you bring home with you than it would have cost you to get a nicer hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Nicole J
Clarkston, Washington
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I have stayed at this motel several times over the years. After my experience the last two times never again! The toilet had a black ring around it, there was hair in the shower and the most digusting, a floor full of toenail clippings by the bed, yuck!

Stayed June 2010, travelled solo