“Worked for us for one night”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We just needed a place for one night while attending an event in Portland. It lived up to our expectations, nothing more or less. It took a bit longer than expected to get checked in, as the front desk attendant also had to do other work (ie. checking the laundry room). But once we got into our room, it was clean and quiet. The location is pretty average, along a busy street surrounded by fast food restaurants. But it worked for a night.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Jim T, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. We're glad to see we met your expectations but apologize for not exceeding them. There are many hotels to stay at in the Vancouver area and are happy you chose us. We hope you will stay with us again and give us another opportunity to provide you with a superior guest experience.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

I spent one night here. Check- in went smoothly. My friend and I were given 2nd floor corner end rooms in the main building which was a nice and quiet location away from the pool noise. The bed appeared clean and was comfortable. The room however wreaked of some kind of room deodorizer chemical smell when I first entered. I assumed the smell would dissipate after I left for an evening out as housekeeping just finished cleaning the room.. On my late return, the room still wreaked even after I had left the air conditioner on. I had a miserable sleep because of the smell. Also the ( clean?)
cloth tub mat had someone's shaven hairs underneath it. (gross). The bathroom sink and bathtub drains backed up while in use. I later found out when I complained to the front desk clerk the next morning that all the hotel rooms were pet friendly
(which I did not know) I was told that I could not be compensated for my inconvenience as my friend booked the rooms thru a third party booking agent. I will not stay there again .

Room Tip: All rooms are pet friendly
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2017

It is a 2 star hotel for a reason but for what it is it exceeded my expectations. As other have said the rooms are the size of a suite at most hotels. I had one with a full kitchen on the ground floor. There was a bit of noise but I judge it by the star rating again. This was the closest hotel to an event I was going to and it served the need. I would say the bed was newer as it was very comfortable. Grocery store Fred Meyer) and multiple restaurants from fast food to sit down within easy walking distance. Special thanks to Danielle at the front desk who provided excellent service.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

This was the first time we had stayed here. Our room was by the jacuzzi,right out the sliding glass door. The biggest hotel room we have ever stayed in. The full size kitchen was a happy surprise. Lots of free parking and most rooms have balconies or patios. Will definitely stay here again. Thanks.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2017

This is an older hotel that provides amenities at a good price. Stayed here for 1 night in between trips to Portland and Seattle. Front desk service was friendly and they allowed me to check in early. Carpet is old and could use a renovation. Kitchen was standard but no plateware/dish soap provided, but available upon request. Hot, complimentary breakfast served.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business