“Good breakfast in Rome”

Iron Kettle Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 83 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Keep in mind - cash only. No credit cards. The Iron Kettle is a nice, small diner. Older decor but offered quick, service! Food was good. We ordered a Spanish omelette and a sausage omelette. Arrived super quick, very tasty -- a bit on the small size. Breakfast is served with just toast so I added a side of home fries. This is an old style diner, food was good breakfast for two with coffee $16, very cheap.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Have gone to Iron Kettle for years. Recent price hikes due to cost of food I guess. Some foods just seem to have cheaper ingredients , have to keep making a profit.
Still, a good place to go, its very popular

Reviewed 4 August 2016

This is a small, cozy, old fashioned home cooking kind of spot for a delicious lunch or breakfast in a location convenient to downtown, the canal (for boaters) , church goers, and travelers. Prices are extremely reasonable, service is efficient and friendly, and the good coffee comes with a free refill. You can eat in a hurry if you need to be on your way, or linger to chat with friends and feel comfortable either way. Only non-alcoholic beverages are served. We recently met for breakfast with an old friend and were very happy with our meals. I had french toast (3 slices to an order) with a generous slice of ham, my husband had a huge Belgian Waffle with sausages, and our friend had a big omelette with his choice of ingredients. The menu is extensive with plenty of lunch, breakfast and snack options. There is a room in back that can accommodate small party gatherings and some cozy booths in front. There is a free off street parking lot.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Coming back from the Adirondacks and wanted to get brunch in the Rome, NY area as it's the halfway point between Old Forge, NY and our home. Checked Trip Advisor and with a rating of 4 stars, decided to check it out. Small and quaint, the establishment looked as if had been there for quite some time. As we enjoy local hometown food when traveling, we thought, "okay, a neat little place". What we WERE NOT expecting was the head cook and most likely the owner yelling at her staff which included her mother and daughter. Too nervous to ask for extra cream for my coffee as I was afraid I'd have a cleaver thrown in my direction, my husband and I ate quietly. He wanted to get up and leave but I was quite hungry. Omelets were scorched. Waitress forgot about our homefrie order and got chewed out for that. If this is some kind of entertainment they do for their customers, we were not impressed whatsoever and will not return.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

The food is delicious and worth the money.. Wait staff could be more attentive in the back instead of carrying on a 15 minute conversation with other dinners because they know each other.