“WOW ... What a surprise . . . .”
Review of Fuji's

Fuji's
Ranked #28 of 82 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Sushi
Description: New restaurant in Rome, NY. Very good Japaneses food, great Sushi. Open for several weeks
Reviewed 21 May 2016

My new favorite restaurant in Rome. Thus Japanese Steakhouse is in a building that looks like a log cabin. A log cabin would be great for a bar, a steakhouse, or a family restaurant but for a Japanese restaurant? It didn't seem to fit. Let me tell you, the food is awesome. The restaurant has been there a couple of years, but I never went because a Japanese restaurant in a log cabin ??? How good could it be? I was soooo wrong. It's great! If you haven't been there ... Go ... You will be happy you did!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Fuji's

Reviewed 13 April 2015

I really loved this restaurant. The log home is massive and very interesting. The customer service was very good. The food was great. After a long day of working and travelling I was looking forward to an ice-cold beer with my dinner and I was disappointed. Fuji Restaurant does not have a liquor license, which I thought was very surprising.

Reviewed 3 February 2015 via mobile

Love eating here. Great filet mignon hibachi! The service is excellent, the waitress remembers my order every time we visit. There is never an empty glass, we are refilled when the drink is 3/4 gone. Excellent prices on high quality food.

Reviewed 11 January 2015 via mobile

Have been here many times and found the hibachi style food and sushi to be very good. Have not ever been disappointed. Will return.

Reviewed 15 November 2014

I guess I should have paid more attention, but I thought I was going to a Hibachi style - oven at the table Japanese steak place. It is not. It is a re-purposed sit-down table and booth log cabin restaurant. It was dead on a Friday at 6:30, with only about 3 tables occupied. Then what really got me, was that they don't serve alcohol. I had heard that they had a beer/wine license, but that is not the case. That is normally a show-stopper, and we almost walked out. I wish we had. We both had their "hibachi" style meals, one chicken and one scallops. The scallops were pretty good, but the chicken was bland and served just barely above warm. The onion soup that came with the meal had 3 dried up very thin mushrooms, and might have had an onion near the broth at one time. The fried rice was good. Overall very mediocre and we probably won't be going back.