“Fooled by reviews and information on-line”
Review of Fuji's

Fuji's
Ranked #28 of 82 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Sushi
Description: New restaurant in Rome, NY. Very good Japaneses food, great Sushi. Open for several weeks
Reviewed 15 November 2014

I guess I should have paid more attention, but I thought I was going to a Hibachi style - oven at the table Japanese steak place. It is not. It is a re-purposed sit-down table and booth log cabin restaurant. It was dead on a Friday at 6:30, with only about 3 tables occupied. Then what really got me, was that they don't serve alcohol. I had heard that they had a beer/wine license, but that is not the case. That is normally a show-stopper, and we almost walked out. I wish we had. We both had their "hibachi" style meals, one chicken and one scallops. The scallops were pretty good, but the chicken was bland and served just barely above warm. The onion soup that came with the meal had 3 dried up very thin mushrooms, and might have had an onion near the broth at one time. The fried rice was good. Overall very mediocre and we probably won't be going back.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Fuji's

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Their sushi is off the charts. Love having a sushi bar closer to home! Definitely recommend Fuji to anyone visiting our area. My family loves their hibachi. :)

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Enjoyed getting lunch a few times here recently. Silly that it's in a country log cabin style building- a little different- but with that aside the food is actually very good. We order off the hibachi menu and never leave disappointed.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

My wife and I live in Rome and are very happy with this place. We love this kind of food but have had to travel to Utica. Fuji has great sushi, sushi rolls, tempura, hibachi and much more. A large and varied menu and they have just added beer and wine.

We would recommend this place to any on who likes Japanese food.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

while i am not a huge fan of sushi, i do enjoy the flavorful blending offered by the hibachi chefs. we did not try the teriyaki this time

Been to Fuji's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK