“The Best Italian outside of Italy ”

Vigneto Bar & Grill
Ranked #5 of 83 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: We are a quaint family owned restaurant with seating capacity of 65. We can accommodate party sizes up to 8 without reservation and up to 25 with a reservation. Choose a table in the back dining room for a business meeting & family gatherings, or one of our quiet "tables for two" in the front dining room. We also have a full service bar area with seating capacity for up to 10 people, perfect for sharing some wine and appetizers with friends!
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I understand the Italian connection to Rome New York, being Italian myself (my Dad was here) but never ate here before this recent visit. I was blown away by the food at Vigneto's. Every morsel tasted like it came straight out of a Staten Island kitchen. The menu items were very traditional. Started with a roasted red pepper & cheese "bruschetta" (which it wasn't called as we never even heard that word growing up)...but the toaster Italian bread it came with was heavenly. Also had the escarole (called Italian greens on menu), which you could have mild, medium or hot - perfectly made. The chicken parm, big enough for two, was the best I've ever had. Tasty, tender meat, but with crispy breading! The marinara fresh & sweet, the spaghetti closer to angel hair was delicious. All inexpensive. The most expensive bottle of wine wasn't $30, but it good. Still the food was good enough to stand up with the best wine. The atmosphere is not "fine"...the room a little lacking decor & warmth...local family bar in front...but don't let the casual tone fool you, the food is WONDERFUL!!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Great wine selection, food and service is always fantastic. We usually are graced with Emily as our waitress and that makes the experience even better. She is always so engaging and makes your visit at the Vigneto great.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

This used to be the Plaza Restaurant back in the early 70's when I ate there last. While it now has a different name and owners, the quality of the food hasn't changed. The better half had the nightly special, Veal Florintine, and I had the Veal Parm. While both were excellent, I would definitely do the special if offered again.
Meals are quite reasonable being a few dollars each side of $15.
Sam, our waitress, has been mentioned in previous reviews and rightfully so. We're not demanding but we felt she would go out of her way to ensure we had an excellent dining experience.
If we find ourselves in Rome again, we would absolutely look forward to another visit to the Vigneto for a delicious meal.

1  Thank bsasric
Reviewed 30 July 2017

When in Rome!
Stopped in for lunch prior to visiting St. Stanwix, and we are so glad we did, you cannot go wrong here!!
The wait staff is so friendly and accommodating - shout out to Sam - see you in WDW! We ordered sandwiches, which are huge, and come with complimentary pizza bites - oh my! These cheesy-garlicky bites of heaven were amazing. But, I digress. I had the vegetable panini with provolone, marinara on the side for dipping and crispy sweet potato ff's and it was wonderful! Enough to take home half. My husband had the meatball Parmesan hero with onion rings (crispy Os). The hero had three nice sized, moist meatballs, perfectly sauced and cheesed hero. Again, he could only eat half.
Great place to come for lunch. We want to come back for dinner, I'm thinking lasagna and a glass of Chianti! Buon Appetito!!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Like most of the area restaurants, Vigneto has a strong Italian slant to the menu. But like most American restaurants, it has a broad offering that are clearly not Italian, like the buffalo wings our 13 y.o. son ordered. Overall the food was good value, although I felt a couple of the dishes needed a bit more seasoning, like the Parmesan halibut sandwich I had and the shrimp scampi my daughter had.

The family particularly liked that the restaurant was family owned, that most dish components were made in house, and the quality of the service, which was exceptional given only one waitress and the arrival of several tables at the same time we did. The prices are also on point.

Been to Vigneto Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK