“Casual Italian with Local Charm”

DiCastro's Brick Oven
Ranked #6 of 83 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 21
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Located on a busy commercial drag but with a good sized parking lot. Photos of Rome, NY in the good old days make for interesting decor. The food is good Italian fare at average for the area prices. Paper napkins and placemats, no table cloths make for a casual dining experience rather than a "fine dining" vibe. Inexperienced bar staff didn't know how to make a Manhattan, but the Chicken Francaise was delicious so we very much enjoyed our dinner. Other diners recommend the brick oven pizza.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

We stopped here for dinner on a Sunday evening after a play at The Capitol Theatre. We ordered a pizza. I like a thinner crust so for me it was perfect. The sauce is light and the pizza is not greasy at all. We ordered wings too; mild. They were just okay. My favorite was the ANTIPASTO. It was delicious. It had so many different textures, and was chopped up really nicely -- antipastos I've had at other places have had huge chunks of lettuce and hard to eat. My husband and I ate a big portion each, and we had left overs for the next day's lunch. The dressing was delicious, too. The atmosphere was cozy. Our only complaint would be the music could have been more relaxing. I'd eat there again any time. Prices seemed reasonable.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

We thought this place looked good but we were a wee bit disappointed in this Italian restaurant in the heart of Rome, NY. The pizza crust was tough and my husband had ravioli which was pretty bland. The sauce had very little flavor. The wait staff was great, very attentive and kept coming back to refill our drinks and make sure everything was ok. I will give them a second chance as there are good days and bad at all restaurants. It was decorated very nicely and seemed very neat and clean.

2  Thank patlambert107
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Excellent service, friendly staff, awesome menu! We'd stopped in here for lunch before and it was always good, but it seemed to be even better today. The guy making the pizzas was a floor show in itself. Fresh hot bread served with garlic butter was delish. I had the salad, very fresh ingredients. My husband had the sausage and lentil soup and almost licked the bowl. The kitchen was able to accommodate a special order that varied from the menu in stride. So many things to want to try on the menu, so we will be back....SOON!

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

My food is great. Love the soup. Bread excellent. Chicken Marsella was outstanding. My waitress was very good.

Been to DiCastro's Brick Oven? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK