All reviews room was clean pancake machine great location security guard on site breakfast area is small historic district free breakfast city market river street hot shower lay your head noisy at night bit dated aaa discount deep cleaning bay st great bed
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

The hotel staff was very nice and the grounds are pet friendly and we had great parking near river street and we had a wonderful time.
I was so excited that we were so close to all the restaurants and stores that we could just walk and we had covered parking.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
NorthPoint78, General Manager at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Amber, thanks for letting us know that your family, you, and your furry traveling companion enjoyed the stay at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District. We are delighted that you loved our location and the outstanding service from our staff. We hope to see you all again when your travels bring you back this way.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

We arrived on a Sunday for a 4 day stay at this hotel only to check out on Monday.
Hotel is in great location but needs a total make over of rooms.
Our room has stains on the carpet, clothes rack was falling off the wall,wifi extremely slow when it worked, vanity door was half dropping down.
If they are charging what they are they need to remodel.
I will say bed was comfortable and staff trying to do a good job for what they had to work with.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark S

Dear Mark S, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your review. We are currently in the process of updating and refreshing the areas in our hotel that you identified. The carpet and wall coverings in the breakfast area have recently been replaced, and guest rooms are being refreshed with new carpet and furniture. Until this work is complete, we will focus our energies on delivering the best service in the area, and we appreciate you recognizing our staff for their efforts. We are sad to know you had to leave us earlier than expected. Please consider a future visit so you can see all the new changes taking place.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

For a short stay in Savannah, this hotel has the perfect location. It is a five minute walk from all the riverfront attractions. Also, it is just a block or two from the City Market. A longer walk will take you throughout the historic district, as far as Forsythe Park in about 30 minutes. All without moving your car. Breakfast was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. So far so good. However, everything is a bit worn, and housekeeping has dropped the ball. A word: clean up and fully capitalize on your superb location and moderate pricing.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
NorthPoint78, General Manager at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

Thanks for staying at our hotel. We are happy to know you loved our location and courteous service. Having said that, we are sorry for the cleanliness issues you encountered, I have shared your comments with my respective team members to take corrective actions. We hope you will choose us again for an outstanding stay you deserve.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

We went to Savannah last weekend for our Anniversary. I booked this room on Choice Hotels website about a month prior to our visit. At the time, the reviews were decent. I then checked again right before we left and saw that almost all of the recent ones were terrible!!! So I called then to try to get a refund or have it moved to another hotel, was told no, nothing they could do!! So like most people we can't afford to just throw away $340 so we went. The front desk girls were nice Saturday evening. We go to the room....the floor was gross, stained, cracked, slanted (never stepped on it barefoot)....the furniture was stained and so gross, also stains on the walls and cob webs in the corners!! The window was so dirty you couldn't even see out of it and there was a huge face imprint on it, omg that person needs to be quarantined. The sheets seemed ok by eye so I used our own pillows and put some of our sheets in between us and them!!! The bathroom was small, very old, cracked and stained ceiling....I Lysoled everything down!!! We went to dinner and to bed. Between Saturday and Sunday we had to call multiple times to have the toilet unstopped and not once did they offer to clean it, I had to call and request it!!! So freaking gross!!! Also Sunday I found on my bank account that they had ran multiple transactions on my card after I was told point blank the only thing would be $38 for parking (which was a joke in its self, the spaces are tiny and the parking lot is terrible to drive through)!!! They ran one for $20, one for $38 and another for $58!!!!!!!!! So I called to complain about the whole freaking thing and was told I would have to call back Monday for a manger, nothing they could do. The girl was rude and pretty much hung up on me!!! So I called Monday and was told a completely different story then the first 2 times!!! They hold $20 a day for the room costs in case (be serious, what a joke, the whole room isn't worth $20) and get this that they ran the $38 to auth that is was there and then ran it again to charge me!!!!!!!!!!! So $78 of money was being held up for no freaking reason!!!! She was not understanding or apologetic...she said that since we stayed the both nights there isn't anything she could do!!!!!!!! Ummmmm I called Sunday and was told I would have to speak to her on MONDAY!!!!!!!!!! She then said she would have the general manager call me back, that was Monday at noon and I am writing this review Wednesday, STILL NO CALL!!! Shocker. I want my money back or at least a credit for a future stay at a Choice Hotel that isn't a complete dump!!!!! **STAYING HERE IS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER!!!** I have showered many times since home and still feel sick about it!!!!

Room Tip: Don't book here, pick somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa H
NorthPoint78, Manager at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip. I am extremely sorry that you had a negative experience here, and I assure you that all of your concerns are being taken seriously. We have no excuses to offer but we do extend our sincerest apologies and want you to know that we are making adjustments and working to deliver better hospitality going forward. Please consider staying at our hotel again in the future so you can experience the terrific service you should always expect from us, every visit.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

We stayed here for 3 days on Saint Patricks week end. The rooms were comfortable and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We parked are car and never used it for 3 days, you can walk anywhere in the historic district. We loved this experience.

Room Tip: 2nd floor quieter
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
NorthPoint78, General Manager at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Richard, thank you for letting us know we met your expectations for an absolutely perfect stay at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District! We are thrilled to read that you loved our friendly associates, convenient location and your comfortable room as well. It was great to have you here, and we hope to have you back with us soon.