3,076 results
All reviews reynolds square wine and cheese parking garage great location pink house next door historic district house restaurant four poster the river within walking distance each evening continental breakfast ice bucket turn down service cookies southern hospitality bottle of champagne
Reviewed 27 February 2015

If there were an option for a 2 1/2 that is what I'd give Planters. First, I called to see is our room was ready for an early check in and was told they couldn't find my reservation. I gave them my Expedia confirmation number and still nothing. They seemed totally disinterested in fixing the problem and I had to call Expedia myself.

This hotel is a dated holiday inn with a nice historic exterior. The beds were extremely soft and sagging, they felt like they were very old. The room had a lovely view of the parking garage and it's finishes were aged. The breakfast was grits, some kind of egg patties and they didn't even have real cream for coffee, just the chemical unrefrigerated stuff. The worst part was the noise. We were woken up multiple times through the night from noise in the hall and noise outside (we were on the top floor).

I've stayed in Savannah before and would have booked at that hotel (Andaz) again if they had availability. This hotel was disappointing all around. The only positives are it's location and cleanliness.

3  Thank paulaf46
Reviewed 26 February 2015

The only complaint I have is the beds. The mattress we had was lumpy. It wasn't the worst I've been on, but it was the only thing that detracted from an otherwise perfect weekend. The staff is outstanding. Our every need was taken care of with a smile and in a timely manner. It'll be the first hotel we check on when we go back.

Room Tip: Book early. It's a small hotel and fills up quickly.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2015

The Inn is conveniently located to the River front and squares. The room was comfortable and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast room is cramped/small for the amount of guests. Would have liked to see yogurt or fresh fruit available. Each evening there is a complementary wine and cheese reception in the lobby. Overall a good experience and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from elevators.
Reviewed 25 February 2015

This was our second visit at Planter's Inn. The hotel is priced fairly reasonably, but this visit I was not impressed with the mattress we had in room 504. It was a bit soft and sagging in the middle and the pillows were a bit lumpy. I didn't have a good night sleep and will consider staying somewhere else next time we visit Savannah.

1  Thank Debi55WhiteStone
Reviewed 24 February 2015

I have stayed at this Property on several occasions for both business and pleasure trips. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. The location is perfect for both business and tourist needs. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Request a Park view room.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business