“Poor customer service”

Ranked #20 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Northeastern NC
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The Inn itself was nice enough. Was pleased with the room. Very comfortable and clean. Was VERY dissapointed with their customer service. Online ad states "breakfast served in your room". Totally NOT true. There is a continential breakfast comparable with a Days Inn, You would expect a little more from a boutique hotel. The manager, Marc, also emailed us about a week before our stay asking if our visit was for a special occasion because they would like to "celebrate with you!" It was our 20th anniversary. Didn't expect anything extravagant, but they did not even mention our anniversary. The thing that most upsets me is that I sent the manager a REPLY email in response to his wanting to know about our stay. I stated the same complaints I have here and 1 week later still have received NO response. I'm very responsive if people apoligize to me and I feel that they are truly sorry and I would not have given this review of they had just acknowlged my concerns, not ignored them. VERY POOR CUSTOMER RELATIONS AND I WILL NOT STAY THERE AGAIN OR RECOMMEND TO FRIENDS WHO PLAN TO VISIT SAVANNAH

9 Thank GIGIECU
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (676)
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We were very pleased with our recent stay at the Planters Inn. The City Market and riverfront are within walking distance. You have many boutiques, restaurants and art galleries close by. We were most impressed with the service provided by the bellman/valet. He was very attentive and helpful, despite being extremely busy. There is a very nice breakfast buffet in the morning, although at times it was almost too crowded. Complimentary wine and cheese each evening, along with piano music was a pleasant surprise. The parking garage on the one side of this building was a distraction from the beauty of this hotel and surrounding area, but I would not let it prevent me from returning. Experience Savannah...it's worth it.

1 Thank gobluemlb
MA
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My husband and I spent five relaxing days at the Planter's Inn recently. The accommodations were very nice and we found the staff friendly and helpful. The bellmen were especially accommodating in offering suggestions for directions both on foot travel and in our car and always retrieved our car from the garage speedily when needed. The inn is across from Reynold's Square and is an easy walk to the river, many restaurants and other attractions. I would recommend a stay at the Planter's Inn to anyone visiting Savannah.

Room Tip: I thought I would not like a room facing the garage but it ended not being a problem at all. At nigh...
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I had high hopes for this hotel, it sounded perfect. The only perfect thing about it was the location. The rest is "almost-there". It is very possible that we got the worst room in the place and anyone would be happy with the rest. Since I only saw 603, that is the only one I can comment on. The bathroom was so small and a bad layout that only one person could be in it at a time. No way for my husband and I to do any grooming at the same time. The coffee service had no plug nearby, unless you wanted to shimmy behind the TV hutch and unplug it first. The TV was small and old, even the least expensive 1 star hotels have better ones these days. Not that we were there to watch TV but to relax before sleeping to a movie or something (they did have HBO) it was too small to see from bed. Nothing on the breakfast bar was labeled so it was hard to know what was in the mystery bowls for hot food. If you are ok with yogurt or cereal then it was adequate. Henry's next door was really good for breakfast! As for being haunted, I don't know how you would know due to all the other noise, from the parking garage next door and our room was next to the elevator. Overall very beautiful and clean however. The Bell staff was exceptional and the reason for our service rating.

Room Tip: Away from the parking garage and elevators if possible.
1 Thank Mcpaulbeck
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Better late than never with this review.
My husband and I stayed at Planters Inn for a long weekend in July 2011. It was wonderful. The staff was courteous. The accommodations were comfortable. The expanded continental breakfast provided lots of variety. Afternoon wine, appetizers and live piano music in the lobby. Wow! The location on Reynolds Square couldn't be beat. We highly recommend Planters Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple