Planters Inn
HIExpress.com
US$ 191
US$ 184
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Southside(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$ 82
US$ 226
US$ 254
US$ 247
2,943 results
All reviewsreynolds squarewine and cheeseparking garagegreat locationpink house next doorhistoric districthouse restaurantfour posterwithin walking distancethe rivereach eveningcontinental breakfastwarm cookiessouthern hospitalitybottle of champagneturn down servicetwo blocks
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We were very pleased with our recent stay at the Planters Inn. The City Market and riverfront are within walking distance. You have many boutiques, restaurants and art galleries close by. We were most impressed with the service provided by the bellman/valet. He was very attentive and helpful, despite being extremely busy. There is a very nice breakfast buffet in the morning, although at times it was almost too crowded. Complimentary wine and cheese each evening, along with piano music was a pleasant surprise. The parking garage on the one side of this building was a distraction from the beauty of this hotel and surrounding area, but I would not let it prevent me from returning. Experience Savannah...it's worth it.

1  Thank gobluemlb
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My husband and I spent five relaxing days at the Planter's Inn recently. The accommodations were very nice and we found the staff friendly and helpful. The bellmen were especially accommodating in offering suggestions for directions both on foot travel and in our car and always retrieved our car from the garage speedily when needed. The inn is across from Reynold's Square and is an easy walk to the river, many restaurants and other attractions. I would recommend a stay at the Planter's Inn to anyone visiting Savannah.

Room Tip: I thought I would not like a room facing the garage but it ended not being a problem at all. At night, when the garage is lit, the drapes are drawn and during the day, the shears filter in nice light.
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I had high hopes for this hotel, it sounded perfect. The only perfect thing about it was the location. The rest is "almost-there". It is very possible that we got the worst room in the place and anyone would be happy with the rest. Since I only saw 603, that is the only one I can comment on. The bathroom was so small and a bad layout that only one person could be in it at a time. No way for my husband and I to do any grooming at the same time. The coffee service had no plug nearby, unless you wanted to shimmy behind the TV hutch and unplug it first. The TV was small and old, even the least expensive 1 star hotels have better ones these days. Not that we were there to watch TV but to relax before sleeping to a movie or something (they did have HBO) it was too small to see from bed. Nothing on the breakfast bar was labeled so it was hard to know what was in the mystery bowls for hot food. If you are ok with yogurt or cereal then it was adequate. Henry's next door was really good for breakfast! As for being haunted, I don't know how you would know due to all the other noise, from the parking garage next door and our room was next to the elevator. Overall very beautiful and clean however. The Bell staff was exceptional and the reason for our service rating.

Room Tip: Away from the parking garage and elevators if possible.
1  Thank Mcpaulbeck
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Better late than never with this review.
My husband and I stayed at Planters Inn for a long weekend in July 2011. It was wonderful. The staff was courteous. The accommodations were comfortable. The expanded continental breakfast provided lots of variety. Afternoon wine, appetizers and live piano music in the lobby. Wow! The location on Reynolds Square couldn't be beat. We highly recommend Planters Inn.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shamr0ckG
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Really loved this hotel. Room was very clean, bathrooms completely clean, no mildew or smell. Beds were super comfy. Staff were friendly and helpful. Close to the river, restaurants. A short walk for ice-cream and a beautiful longer walk to see all the squares. I would return again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family