1,041 results
All reviewscotton exchangelive oak canopyother guestsforsyth parkgarden cottagebed and breakfastmagnolia roomsouthern hospitalityevery morninghistoric districtprivate balconytrip to savannahthe main housespanish mossfelt like homeoff street parkingbreakfast was amazing
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Savannah was the second port of call on our whistle-stop East Coast tour & the Azalea B&B, the only departure from Hotel accommodation. This is a wonderful B&B that is managed extremely well by Mike and his family. The whole property is impeccably clean throughout which must be an incredible chore given the period nature of the fittings and furnishings. We had one of the Villas (which is more like a large 1st floor apartment than a European type villa). The Villa was kitted out with pretty much everything we needed, a kitchen complete with a washing machine, TVs, plenty of comfortable seating and wonderfully comfortable beds. A couple of things that made our stay even more agreeable would be the silent and effective Air Conditioning – so unlike many hotels that have noisy A/c that either refrigerates or bakes the occupants; USB charging points on the Free to use Wifi – a blessing for international travellers with limited plug adapters etc.
The breakfast at the Azalea is taken in the beautifully appointed main dining room and is cooked and brought to your table by the friendly staff. You need to make a reservation with Mike’s team for your breakfast sitting; we were on at 9:30 I think, which was fine for us. Breakfast comprised some self serve juices, coffee / tea, biscuits (similar to scones for us Brits, and very very nice), cookies or muffins. The staff would then deliver a freshly prepared fruit smoothie and the cooked breakfast. We were treated to pancakes with peaches (may have been some bacon and syrup involved too).
The location of the Azalea is really good; not too close to the centre of the town as to be affected by the crowds but near enough to mean you are able to get to most locations on foot. If you have a car, parking is available adjacent to the Azalea at a small charge.
It is difficult to find fault with the Azalea, we had a lovely stay and were made very welcome by Mike and his team. There was a minor mix up with the quoted tariff but this was quickly and amicably resolved; an email I sent to Mike requesting he reserve a table at a local restaurant never made it out of my in-box; no panic, Mike made a couple of calls and made a reservation at the fantastic Vic’s by the River (see my review on Vic’s).
I would definitely look to stay here again if I were to have the opportunity to visit Savannah again. My only regrets are that we didn’t make use of the pool and we didn’t get the chance to indulge in the afternoon wine and nibbles due to our stay being limited to a couple of nights and our desire to see as much of Savannah as possible. At the time of writing this the Azalea has 5 stars from just shy of 1,000 TripAdvisor reviews - Like many travellers, I was drawn to the ‘Terrible’ TripAdvisor reviews; yes there is a communications mast in the street, but it in no way affected our stay at the property, in fact it helps with orienteering your way around the town; the family from NYC who had a computer stolen from their car clearly left their common sense back in NYC.
I would recommend taking breakfast here and as long as you are able to climb the stairs to the 1st floor, the Villa properties would get my recommendation too.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank OfficialD
Heart'sContent, Owner at Azalea Inn & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

What a beautiful review of not only our property but our beautiful city of Savannah. It was indeed a pleasure to read this review at our staff meeting. It is not often enough that the staff gets to hear that the hard work they put into making Azalea in such a wonderful warm and welcoming property is noticed by someone other than Jake and I.

We hope that your travels bring you back to Savannah and that this time there's a moment to slow down and relax pool side with a glass of wine in your hand, perhaps a book you've been meaning to finish, or just the opportunity to close your eyes and forget all the stresses we each must live with every day.

Teresa and Jake

Reviewed 14 August 2017

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights in July and loved it! We stayed in the Spanish moss villa and would definitely stay again. The breakfasts were outstanding. We ate both in the main house and chose to eat in our room while there. It was very warm out, so having the pool to cool down in was fantastic. The entire staff were friendly and helped us with all questions we had.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Your review was just perfect. Are cook displayed a huge beaming smile when we complimented her on her breakfast on your behalf. I do admit that having the pool is a very big draw in the sultry Savannah summertime.

Admittedly any day and Savannah is amazing, but we humbly submit that our staff can make a stay at any time of the year memorable.

Mike and Teresa

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Take the room - anything they offer you! Its the best Inn you can get between New York and Miami and definitly in Savannah! Thats what we experienced!

The rooms are outstanding clean, good equiped and everything is in good.shape. The food is a tasty Southern experience. The host is entertaining and helpful. The pool is all you need on a hot day in Savannah.

Now book this @%§&ing room and be lucky with reading my advice! ;-)

Room Tip: Trust the Owner!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Heart'sContent, Innkeeper at Azalea Inn & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you for your wonderful feed back. It was our pleasure serving you. Southern Hospitality is a priority of ours. We look forward to you visiting us again.

Warm Regards,
Kennya

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed our time in Savannah and at the Azalea Inn. Theresa, Mike and their staff couldn't be more helpful and pleasant. We enjoyed fun activities and wonderful meals at locations that they suggested and the breakfasts at the Inn were perfect. While our Magnolia Room was a tad smaller than we would have liked, the amazing porch overlooking the pool and beautiful gardens made up for it. We enjoyed all three evenings on the porch, lounging on the comfortable furniture and enjoying the tea and sweet treats that were left out for us in the dining room. There are other rooms that are more spacious but in my opinion, we had the best porch! You can't go wrong with a visit to Savannah and a stay at the Azalea!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

My wife and I recently stayed at the Azalea Inn for a long weekend. The Inn is an old house which has been beautifully restored and modernized with today's amenities. The owners Theresa and Michael Jacobson treat you like family and have an excellent staff to take care of you. And it is the only B&B with a pool in the historic district as well as a nice patio area to relax in after and long day of sight-seeing.
We stayed in the Sweet Pea room which was just big enough for our needs. It is on the first floor and opens outside to the pool area with it's own private seating area if desired. We found it nice to unwind after walking all through the city streets.
The Inn cook prepares a special breakfast everyday which is usually delicious to look at as well as eat, and she also makes something sweet to snack on in the evening.
I'm sure we will be staying here again on our next visit.

Room Tip: The inn is in a quiet part of town so all rooms are pretty quiet at night, We liked having a room that opened to the pool area
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple