“Fair value for money”

Best Western Savannah Gateway
Ranked #57 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I checked in with my dog and was shown a room that was not up to Best Western standards. The lamp shade had mildew/mold on it, light bulbs were missing from one of the lamps, the wall to the left of the front door was cracked about a foot long. Overall, the room looked very tired. The beds, however, were great. Got a comfortable night's sleep. I did request another room and got one only slightly better. I'm a little put out about paying $20.00 more for a room because I have a pet and then getting a less that good quality room for the money. I would much rather pay a $100.00 deposit on a good room and have it returned once I check out after inspection of the room.

Room Tip: Ask to look at the room before you agree to keep it.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Linda7511

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

The place was clean and the breakfast goes past good. The grounds well maintained and the interior was dated but functional. Denny’s is a nice touch that is attached. All staff were friendly.
The kicker is that we must have stayed on a bikers weekend because they rode up and down the street most of both nights. Poor people at holiday Inn where most stayed. You would think management at each hotel would call the sheriff but maybe Andy was busy. Will not stay again at same place , we will stay downtown.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Was terribly disappointed, worst stay in my life. Employee at check in was A model employee, Excellent. Hotel in need of repairs. Room had mold and mildew in four locations in room. Hard to breath and really wasn't a restful stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank B6946RPjonw
Chris P, General Manager at Best Western Savannah Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear
B6946RPjonw
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay with us. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations during your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with our management team and will take care all the required actions to solve such issues to ensure all of our guests needs are met providing superior customer service. Please know we value your business and use comments like yours to better our establishment. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you again in the future

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Friendly staff. Clean room and a typical BW breakfast! Front desk staff were very friendly. The grounds were nicely groomed and clean. Our stay was Sunday night and Monday night and the hotel was quite without excessive noise.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

After a few days fleeing from Hurricane Irma, we decided to sleep in this hotel! The hotel is very clean but left nothing to be desired in the reception area! He had only one very, very angry employee. He did not even look at me, I said good night and he did not answer me and after a long time he answered me! There was only me at the reception because it was late ! never come back!
Portuguese:
Depois de alguns dias fugindo do furacão Irma, resolvemos dormir neste hotel! O hotel é bem limpo mas deixou a desejar no quesito recepção ! Tinha só um funcionário muito, mas muito mal humorado Quênia olhou para mim , falei boa noite e ele não me respondeu nada e depois de muito tempo me atendeu! Só tinha eu na recepção pois já era tarde ou seja nunca mais volto!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Savannah hotels
Super 8 Savannah
15.5 km away
Best Western Central Inn
Best Western Central Inn
#36 of 115 in Savannah

Been to Best Western Savannah Gateway? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Additional Information about Best Western Savannah Gateway

Address: 1 Gateway Blvd., Savannah, GA 31419 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Savannah Gateway)
Region: United States > Georgia > Georgia Coast > Savannah
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Best Value Hotel in Savannah
Price Range: ₹ 3,940 - ₹ 7,105 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Savannah Gateway 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Savannah Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Savannah Gateway Hotel Savannah