“Good place to stay!”

Best Western Savannah Historic District
Ranked #52 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Nice hotel right on the edge of the historical district. Very easy to find. Room was very clean. Normal breakfast in the am. No pool or workout room. Very pleasant staff.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
GM11205, General Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel but very disappointed to hear that you did not get to take advantage of the pool and fitness center during your stay. If you would like to share any further information about what transpired, please feel free to contact me directly at 912-629-2101. I sincerely apologize.
Jeff Fouste

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Best Western Savannah Historic District

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Another great experience at this wonderful hotel. This is probably the 7th stay here for my husband and myself. We love visiting the city of Savannah and all it has to offer--it has to be one of the prettiest towns in the U.S. The bedding at this property is like that of an Omni or Ritz-Carlton. Nice flat screen TV, in-room refrigerator, white-noise machines in the room (I will usually move it beside the bed), marble bathroom, free USA Today newspaper in the lobby and free breakfast that has added some new items since our last visit. The pool and exercise room are both new within the past 18 months and extremely nice with no expense spared. With all that said I would have to agree that the staff at this property is probably what sets this hotel apart--whatever is needed they will try to accomodate and truly seem to care from the front desk, to housekeeping, to the concierge--they all treat you like family. This property has great location--is in the midst of the historic district and literally one block from City Market and 1-2 blocks from River Street. Everything in walking distance so we typically leave our car parked in the Best Western lot the entire stay--at $10/day this is so worth it since parking is at a premium in this town and very expensive. Looking forward to our next visit and already formulating my list of must-halves to pickup next time (Paula Deen coffee, pecan pralines, lotion from Nourish Store, etc.)!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Music to my ears! We love Repeat Guests! Thank you for taking the time to share on Trip Advisor!

Thanks,
Jeffrey A Fouste

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Our first stay at this hotel and I wouldn't return. Unfortunately, we were greeted by a construction project (sidewalk "painting") that created an odor so bad we were ready to leave. However, we finally (after three changes) were put into a room that worked for us. (We did leave one of the rooms we were in because it was dirty and one because the odor of smoke was strong.) I don't like outside corridors because of security issues, but since we were on the third level I let that go. The room we ended up in was nice enough and the bathroom seemed newly remodeled and was clean. There is a white noise machine in the room and that was a plus because this hotel is not in a quiet section of the city. However, it is in a very convenient location and that was a plus. Finally, the staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The front desk staff who was dealing with the odor issue handled complaints with calm, humor, and helpful suggestions. They have an excellent concierge to help with your sightseeing plans.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the back and on the third level.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eddybeans79
GM11205, General Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2012

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel but very disappointed to hear about your negative experience. If you would like to share any further information about what transpired, please feel free to contact me directly at 912-629-2101. I sincerely apologize. Thank you,

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Very pleased with our stay at the Best Western Plus in Historic Savannah! Each staff member we came in contact with was smiling and ready to answer questions or lend a hand (the sewing kit the front desk gave me to repair my daughter's Girl Scout uniform was wonderful!). The location was convenient and within walking distance to all the sites we were interested in. It was super close to the river and the City Market. Breakfast was good and our room always clean. We were a little worried about the noise mentioned in previous reviews on Trip Advisor but did not have a problem. There was work on the sidewalks during our stay at the hotel but we were told this at the time we booked and it didn't interrupt our stay. Hope to be back there soon with my Girl Scout troop and their families.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
GM11205, General Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! I hope when you return to Savannah you become one of the many BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District fans and a repeat guest! I am glad you enjoyed everything!

Thanks,

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Upon first glance, reaction was dubious. Looks like a roadside motel with nothing to get excited about! Room was adequate. But then......bed was wonderful and pillows awesome...so far so good...no internet connection and told by night desk manager it should be repaired following morning! Hah!!!Fast forward...the room we were given has had problems in the past. Would have been nice if we were honestly advised..but then in steps Sherri, daytime desk staff...what a gem. Honestly..we will return there, and thanks mainly to her handling, in a most professional and caring manner of our problem. We were eventually moved to another room, and compensated for our inconveniences. Also have to mention the concierge Miss Mary who is another gem. I fell in love with the place..location is very convenient to the Old Town..we experienced no noise, were not fearful of surroundings at all. Room clean and breakfast more than adequate. I had an amazing 3 nights' sleep, and upon check out felt I was saying good by to old and dear friends. Would definitely go back! Thank you to the staff!

Room Tip: we were facing the front on the 3rd floor....do not take room 110 where we had problems with the int...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank leetanMontreal_Quebe

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel, but very disappointed to hear about your negative experience. If you would like to share any further information about what transpired, please feel free to contact me directly at 912-629-2101. I sincerely apologize.