“Terrific Place, Terrific Price”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport
Ranked #40 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersGold level
Savannah, Georgia
“Terrific Place, Terrific Price”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I've traveled extensively in the US and this is one of the nicest places for the price that I've stayed. I was moving to Savannah for a new job, so I stayed here three times - once for the interview, once for the house-hunt, and then a few days during the move till my furniture showed up. All three times, everyone was extremely nice, and they were also very helpful in telling me things to see and do in the area. They even pointed me to several neighborhoods to check out homes. Rooms are very spacious too. I felt they went out of their way for me, really.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank Mary Lynn S
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Thank you for continuing to visit us again and again and welcome as a new resident to our beautiful city! Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Surprised my husband on his 50th birthday and brought him to Savannah for St. Patrick's Day. This hotel was great, staff was very friendly, location was perfect (close to the highway to get into the city) and hotel was clean and new. We have stayed in a Cambria Suites before (Ft. Lauderdale) so knew that the hotel chain already would work for our family. Room was spacious and perfect for travelling with kids. I wish that there were more of these hotels in the US, tough to find them since they only have a few locations. I would stay here again, highly recommend!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor by the front desk and pool. Good location if you have kids.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank kiawah
Hope your husband had an awesome 50th Birthday. What a great time to celebrate a birthday...along with our 750,000 for St Patrick's. Come visit us again to celebrate his 51st next year! Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Fairport, New York
Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

While driving back from Florida to New York, we stayed overnight near Savannah. This was our first time staying at a Cambria Suites, an were very impressed.

The room was quite spacious and very clean. There were plenty of power outlets, and a very well thought out input panel built into the wall for the flat screen TV in the living room area. This would allow you to easily connect a laptop or iPad to the TV.

We will certainly stay at Cambria Suites again in the future.

• Stayed April 2012
6 Thank Matthew S
Glad you felt the room was spacious and accommodating. They are 25% larger than a standard hotel room and geared toward a more modern traveler that uses all of the electronics and needs additional plugs. They even have the Media Hubs so you can use everything thru the television. Hope you tried it. See you next visit. Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed at Cambria Suites on business. I got there somewhat late after a really really long day. I was excited to see that there was a bar in the lobby and they also were offering food. I did not get to try the food but from the looks of the menu it looked delicious and fairly priced. The front desk staff was very helpful and told me not to hesitate to call with any questions. Later when my co-worker and I stopped down at the bar for a drink the bartender was very helpful in giving us directions to downtown Savannah. By the time we got back to the hotel again it was pretty late but I could not pass up the opportunity to go for a swim. The indoor pool is heated, open 24/7 and very clean. There is also a small hottub. The fitness center is a reason to stay in itself!!! Just like being in an actual gym- weights, treadmills, balancing balls, tv's and plenty more. The rooms are fantastic! I had a king suite which I believe is just the standard rom....king bed, clean linens, two tv's, a couch, a chair, a desk, microwave, coffee pot and fridge! I have stayed in 17 hotels in the past month and this is in my top 3!!!! STAY HERE!

• Stayed April 2012
7 Thank Rvw8522
Thank you for such an awesome description of the hotel and your stay. In the top 3? We want to be #1. We will just have to work harder for your next visit! Hope to see you again soon and please continue to pass the word....Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Chevy Chase, Maryland
Reviewed 16 April 2012

we stayed on a road trip to fla. this was a spacious room for a family of 5 -- good for a night if you don't want to have to get 2 rooms (it had 2 doubles in the main area, and a pull-out couch in a separate semi-divided area). There was a nice indoor pool that we used to burn off some kid energy in the am before resuming our drive. Looked like a nice breakfast buffet, but it was not included in the price and we were anxious to get on the road and continue driving south so we didn't partake. Really one of the nicer options for a one night stop (not your usual choice inn), but not cheap (over $100) compared to the less savory options along the highway. All in all, well worth it in my opinion.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank nats-md
Glad to hear we could accommodate your entire family comfortably in one room and that you enjoyed your stay. Please stop in during your future travels and visit us again. Cheryl Sanderlin GM