Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District
US$ 185
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Southside(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$ 86
Andaz Savannah(Savannah)
US$ 242
US$ 236
2,641 results
All reviewsrooftop poolvalet parkinghi expressgreat locationthe riverhistoric districtwithin walking distancecorner roomfree breakfastcity garagebay stself parkper daywould definitely stay here againtrolley stopfront desk staffvalet service
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I was highly impressed with this clean modern, hotel, wifi In a great location right next to the river front and in the historic district, within walking distant of most attractions . Rooms were clean, modern. have rooftop pool and jacuzzi which was a really nice touch. valet parking for $15 a day, in and out as much as you want. For the price ($150) this hotel amazing. Breakfast is included which is "hot buffet" with eggs, bacon, ceral, bagels, ect which was just ok. My only c/o was that Valet can take a bit to get your call so call down in advanced.

6  Thank garcgirl
SavannahLodging, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Thank you so much for your stay with us! We are delighted to hear your great experiences, from our convenient location to our hot breakfast.

We hope to have you back with us soon!

Renee Laurie

Reviewed 27 April 2012

The hotel was located in a nice spot, near plenty of restaurants and close to the historic district. The front desk was very pleasant the valet parking was a nice touch and my wife and I really enjoyed the pool.
Of special note were the rooms - which were clean and modern looking. We only stayed for one night so I did not make use of many of the services provided. But we left very pleased with the fine staff and the overall experience. Definitly a step up from typical Holiday Express and we would definitly stay again if visiting Savannah.

4  Thank jhck1285
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on East Bay Street, Savannah, at the end of March 2012. We travel quite a bit and we found this hotel to be one of the best that we have ever stayed at. The hotel staff were very helpful, the rooms superb and the breakfast was excellent. The hotel is situated right in the middle of the historic tourist area. Everything we wanted to see and experience was only a short walk from our hotel. This was our first trip to Savannah and we couldn't have picked a better place to stay.

Room Tip: I believe any room would be a good room in this hotel. Of course, you always try to get a room that's not too close to the elevator. We prefer end of the hall rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 09_Brian_11
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here several years ago and were very impressed with it. I even wrote a very glowing review of it here on Trip Advisor. We stayed here for three days recently and I dont know what happened but the hotel's standards have slipped. There were three main issues that concerned me.

One was that the wifi was spotty at best. We had an ipad and and iphone with us. Half the time the wifi was not working. We checked with another couple who were with us and were staying nearby and they experienced the same issues.

Two was that our room was not cleaned the first day that we were there. We left at 10 am and saw a maid in the room next door. We got back at about 4 and a maid said that she forgot to give us towels. She gave us the towels, but when we got into the room, the bed was not made, nor was the room cleaned.

Finally was the attitude of one of the valet parking attendants. We dropped off our car yesterday afternoon and when we got to our room, we realized that we had left something in our car. My wife called front desk. They transferred and she explained the problem to them. They said that they would bring the car around again so we could retrieve the item. I went down expecting the car to be there. When I got there it wasnt and the valet had such an attitude that I would up getting the keys from him, and going to where the car was parked in the adjacent garage and then getting the item myself. If you are going to charge me for valet parking, dont give me an attitude when something like this happens.

We would have brought these issues to the managers attention, however we had a long drive home today and checked out at 5 am. We did not feel like bringing it the issues up then.

Overall this stay was a disappointment. There are a lot of other hotels in the same price range as this one in Savannah. We will be staying at one of them the next time that we are in town.

Room Tip: Dont bother with the valet parking. All the valets will do is park your car in the garage next door. Park it yourself and bring your luggage to the hotel. This will save you money.
1  Thank bwco
SavannahLodging, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you for your stay with us and we apologize for any shortcomings you experienced with our wireless internet, we have passed these comments to our ISP and appreciated you bringing this to our attention.

We do hope that you will visit us again

Renee Laurie

Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location. The staff was helpful regrading tours and places to eat. The room is big and clean with a flat screen tv and good bed. The only problem with the hotel is a bad brekfeast.

• Stayed: April 2012