“Great combination of education, hands-on experience and humor”

700 Kitchen Cooking School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Chef Peter Russo, director of 700 Kitchen Cooking School, presents both individuals and groups with an exclusive opportunity to enjoy entertaining and engaging culinary programs in a state-of-the-art environment. From interactive hands-on culinary classes for individuals or teams, to unique culinary programs for groups, 700 Kitchen Cooking School offers new tastes, flavors and techniques for everyone regardless of experience.
Rochester
“Great combination of education, hands-on experience and humor”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My three sisters and I recently had the pleasure of experiencing Chef Darin's expertise and great presentation style while in Savannah at the 700 Kitchen Cooking School. His practical tips, knowledge of the science behind the techniques left us with not only an enjoyable night and delicious food but information and recipes we can continue to utilize back home in our more "northern" locations. This was definitely one of the highlights of our annual winter getaway and would recommend it to novice and more experience cooks as well. Thank you, Chef Darin, for providing such a wonderful evening in an educational, yet light-hearted and non-threatening manner!

Visited February 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

SALIX PA
“The best of Savannah”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We joined a group for a cooking class. I was not interested in cooking, but the chef was such a comedian that the class was fun and educational. this class was the best part of our weeks stay in Savannah, GA.

Visited April 2012
Lutz, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“What a Great experience!”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I surprised my husband, an excellent cook, with Chef Darin's class for his 60th birthday. We BOTH had a fabulous time, even me - the woman known as "She who burns boiled water!" We both learned new and interesting techniques and facts. For example - I am not allowed to use a sharp knife in my husband's presence, yet he was very proud of my persistence and the improvement of my knife skills under Chef Darin's tutelage. Chef was patient, knowledgeable and funny! We will do this again on our next visit to Savannah.

Aptos, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I've taken cooking classes before and this was superb!”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I took a fun trip to Savannah with three other girl friends in March and based on the high(est) rating in TripAdvisor, signed up in advance for the Low Country Cooking Class at 700 Kitchen Cooking School.
It was a highlight of our trip! Chef Darin was funny, engaging, informed, helpful, efficient and someone you would love to have as a friend! The facilities and equipment were great, and the dinner that we all made and ate at the end was fabulous. He made room for all types of personalities, so if you wanted lots of participation no problem, as well as accommodating those who didn't. And if you had lots of experience or just a little - he was so helpful. I have been to a few classes and always enjoy them (you always can take home some pearl and new recipes!), but this one was superlative. I especially enjoyed the logic. I love to know the reasons why to prepare things a certain way - I enjoy reading food science, and now I will always peel my shrimp a new way! And my knife skills have improved too. If we would have had time we would have signed up for another class, it was that great.

Easton, Maryland
“A wonderful experience.”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

A lot of hands on experience. Good tips and great food.