“Buffet limited but seafood good” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Uncle Bubba's Oyster House - CLOSED

Uncle Bubba's Oyster House
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Lexington, Kentucky
“Buffet limited but seafood good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2010

Visited uncle Bubba's with a group. Service was good. It seems wasteful to me to serve everyone grilled oysters. I personally like them, but probably 80% of our group would not try them. The buffet was good but not exceptional. The fish swahee? was tasty but cut in tiny strips, so it was hard to get a good bite. The rest of the buffet was okay.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Orlando, Florida
“i'm a local eater”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2010

My Husband and I made a visit to Savannah, Ga to experience the Paula Dean's Restraunt, but sicne the wait was insanely long, the host told us about Uncle Bubbas Oyster House. We decided to visit and we enjoyed our stay there like no other! The food was fantastic and the service was out of this world. I got the catch of the day grilled with the savannah red rice and a loaded baked potatoe. My husband got the crab cakes which were outstanding! Our servers name was Cathryn and she was the sweetest girl we have ever met in the service indrustry. She got us everything we asked for in a great timely manner, and our drinks were always filled to the tip top. She also has great taste and recomended the keylime pie for dessert which we couldnt pass up. I would recomend Uncle bubbas to anyone!

Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Great Price for Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2010

We happened upon Uncle Bubba's while trying to find an old Savannah tradition "The Williams Seafood House". After years of eating there, we were disappointed to find it had burned and they were not going to rebuild. Disappointed and hungry, we decided to stop at this “Uncle Bubbha’s” that we passed on the road. We didn’t realize it was THE Uncle Bubbha until being greeted by the large picture of him and his sister Paula Deen in the lobby. LOL

My family LOVED it. The atmosphere was pure coastal and the service was great; Friendly and efficient. The food was fabulous and very well worth the price. In fact (And I’m sure I will be stoned on this! :~) we thought it was better and better priced than Paula Deen’s lady and the sons.
We are heading back to Savannah on vacation this weekend and we will be making a special stop at Uncle Bubbas!

Savannah, Georgia
“Good Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2010

We walked in and Bubba was greeting people at the door and having his picture taken with patrons. He looked great. We did not have a wait (about 1:30pm on Friday) although the restaurant was crowded. Our waiter came over to us immediately and welcomed us and took our drink order while we looked over the menu. We ordered the fried pickle appetizer. They were served with a tangy dip that was wonderful. Small muffins with honey butter instead of the standard rolls and butter. Between the muffins and the pickles I was getting full! But I did save room for the shrimp salad plate and my husband saved room for his steamed seafood combo. These were both served with a side of cole slaw. These meals were all good and fresh and very reasonably priced. We at inside, although there is a nice large deck as well. We will go back to Bubba's!

Paris
“Yum-Yum very good meal and a good time at Uncle Bubba's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

I had a very pleasurable dining experience at Uncle Bubbas Oyster House. The food was delicious and they serve very generous portions. The service was excellent and we were greeted with smiles from the moment we entered the restaurant until we left. The "Shore is Good Seafood Dip" from the appetizer section is excellent and can serve as a meal in itself . The Crabcake Po' Boy sandwich was a real hit ! We dined there on a Sunday afternoon for lunch, arrived around 1pm was told there would be around a 15 minute wait. While waiting to be seated, we enjoyed looking at all the nostalgic pictures and momento's, as well as chatting with the friendly host and staff. The wait was actually less than 10 minutes and we were promptly seated and quickly received our drinks and yummy corn muffins. My only complaint is with myself- for not saving room for the delicious Key Lime Pie that everyone raves about... I will save this for my next trip to Uncle Bubba's- yes I will be going back very soon. It's a fun place to dine, so be sure to check it out when visiting the Savannah area.