“Farm fresh”

22 Square Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
22 Square Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 939 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bryan
Description: 22 Square Restaurant and Bar, located inside the Andaz Hotel, partners with local farmers and responsible suppliers to support and energize our community. Chef Chris Cummer and his culinary team offer fresh, contemporary spins on Southern classics. Whether it's sourcing shrimp right off the Georgia coast or preparing the daily bread on site, thoughtful and sustainable sourcing is at the forefront of our mission. By dining with us, we invite you to join our thriving community of farmers, chefs, and diners that make Savannah a food and beverage destination.
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

On this our last evening in Savannah we took advantage of it being the last night of restaurant week. For appetizers we had deviled eggs with pimiento flavor and they were quite delicious. The fried green tomatoes were lacking in flavor and were over cooked. We had warm quinoa salads with candied walnuts, and fruit and this was excellent. Our entrees were pork chops over collard greens and they were the most moist, well flavored chops any of us have ever had. Dessert we took to go as we were so full. Looking forward to the pumpkin cheesecake later. Finally the service was quite slow but I prefer to think that this was gracious southern Hospitality and that we were not being rushed. Take a chance on this small restaurant if you are in town. It is worth the trip!

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Friday night, half full restaurant. Took us 35 minutes to get our drink order. Host that sat us finally took our order after we had only seen the waitress once in 45 minutes. He informed us that the choices we wanted were unavailable. Didn’t get our food until after being there 90 minutes. Was told the kitchen was backed up, which doesn’t explain the slow bar drinks nor the complete inattentiveness of the waitress. Unacceptable service for a $100+ meal. We’ve had better service at Ruby Tuesday’s. Don’t waste your time or money.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

David Owen, Chef beyond compare. In all our years at top restaurants we have never come across a meal that delights as ours did tonight. My husband began with the warm quinoa salad which surprised us with ingredients! We loved it! Best salad ever! I had the farmers cheese appetizer. We shared Brussels spouts with Brie cheese and apples, and for main course, I had the pork with kale. He had the strip steak. I cannot praise this amazing food enough. Pork was tender and moist inside, yet crispy beyond belief outside. But even praising the meat is not sufficient because the sweet potato and kale added something I have never tasted. Superb is all the can say. And the crying dove drink was the best. Ana served us and her husband grows the veggies..in water no less. And did I mention the fabulous rosemary and garlic bread? You cannot go wrong at 22 Square. And we understand David Owen is not even the head chef...going the night after Christmas he (the head chef) was off. But it could not have been better. Don't miss this restaurant!

Reviewed 10 December 2017

It was our anniversary and hubby had made reservations in advance and informed them of our day. We arrived at 5 because we had plans after dinner. The dining room was empty and remained so except for us the entire time we were there, about 1.5 hrs. Okay, maybe because it was a Monday,,,
The positive first--the cocktails were very good. But then...
1. When we got to the hostess, she seated us immediately of course, and apparently did not see it was our anniversary because she didn't have to check the book.
2. Server was pleasant enough, but seemed inattentive, which I thought was odd since no one else was in the dining room.
3. Potato/leek soup was good, but came in an oversized bowl, which made the soup cool too quickly, and if you put your spoon down, it slid into the soup (hubby had to ask for a new spoon)
4. Kurobuta pork CHOP was not a chop, and not listed as boneless, but it was a boneless piece of pork that seemed more like pork tenderloin. Tender it was, but not very flavorful.
5. The mashed sweet potato that came with it was smeared on the plate, for presentation I assume, but again it cooled very quickly. The collard sides were good.
6. Hubby's chicken was ok, but the quinoa was an extremely large portion and only had 3 small bits of broccoli and a few pieces of onion in it. Not appealing at all.
7. I understand that some restaurants don't offer free dessert for special occasions, but neither of the staff ever acknowledged our special day. Of course I can't blame the server for that, if she was not informed, but, had she TRIED to engage in some pleasant small talk, it probably would have been mentioned. She stuck to 'the script'.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

We were staying at the hotel and decided to have breakfast at 22 Square on our last morning in Savannah. We had to wait to be seated which I do not mind but I have a huge pet peeve of being made to wait without even being ackowledged and that was the case. When the hostess finally addressed us she was very nice but, again, two seconds of eye contact and a 'be right with you' goes a long way.

We decided to forego the buffet, it looked bleak, and ordered a la carte instead. The waitress that took our order was very sweet. We ordered the chicken & waffles, the ribeye hash without the gravy and a side of potatoes and another of bacon. We sent the ribeye hash back because it was smothered in the gravy and the egg was cooked over medium, so we asked for it to be cooked through. My husband knows I don't like cold food and we imagined the hash wouldn't take too long so, I started eating before him. It was chicken strips and waffles, they were ok, nothing I couldn't make at home. The ribeye hash arrived as I was halfway through my plate, this time without gravy but the egg was still a little raw. He just took it out and ate the rest. He liked it but nothing out of this world. The two sides (potatoes and bacon) never arrived. However, since our plates were fairly big, we didn't feel the need to push on those. However, they were included on the bill and we had to ask for them to be removed. We also had to ask for water. The waitress that delivered the meal and looked after our table had a bit of an attitude which I did not appreciate.

With so many great places to eat very close by, I wish I would have gone elsewhere. This one won't be a repeat for us.

1  Thank LaVie_NRosa