“Excellent choice.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch, and we were not disappointed. The staff were friendly and enthusiastic. And the food was excellent. I had the Caesar salad with grilled chicken. Everything tasted very fresh. The mix of seasonings and vegetables was perfect.

My companion had a hamburger, and it also was very delicious.

Lunch for two with soft drinks and tip was just under $30. We would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Located at 1 w liberty st in the middle of savannah's tourist area the small menu is well presented , from salads to entrees , I am sure something for all taste can be found.

The best part of this visit was that we ate outdoors , great for people watching , despite savannah's heat , the location is in the shade plus large umbrella's help.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I'm not much a brunch person but this place hit the spot. I had the Cuban sandwich it was very good for a first time Cuban sandwich guy. Came with cole slaw and wasn't too awfully impressed with it. Not much inside seating so expect a wait. A plus, it's open on Sunday.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Had an amazing lunch here at the Public. The drinks and food were flavorful and the service was great! We had Daniel for a server and he was so attentive and kind!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

My wife is a big fan of pie. So being in Savannah I felt like I needed to take her somewhere they would have good cobbler. I was lucky enough to have been tipped off by a local that this place had (arguably) the best peach cobbler in the city. I knew at that point I had to go. The atmosphere was nice. We were seated in a small dining room just off the main bar. There was some background noise like you would expect from a busy restaurant but my wife and I could have a conversation easy enough over it.

Our waiter stuck exactly the right balance between attentive and giving us space. Our drinks never sat empty but you also didn't feel like he was pushing you to order more. We also gave us some suggestions on entree's that helped my wife figure out what she wanted.

We started the meal with appetizers -- I order bruschetta and my wife a cold fruit soup. Both were excellent. The Bruschetta wasn't quite like you would expect the tomato's were roasted and drizzled in balsamic reduction and there was a fontina cheese spread on the bread. It was different enough to be memorable but familiar enough to still feel like bruschetta. excellent.

Entrees were wonderful as well but dessert, that was something else. We went to this place because I was told the cobbler was the best. My peach and pie loving wife just about fainted with joy while eating the peach cobbler. She raved about it for the rest of the night! I had a chocolate mousse dessert that was among the best I have ever had. Mousse is often served to heavy and lacking in whipped character -- but not here. Perfect.

All in all I had a wonderful experience, great food, great drinks and great service. I would definitely recommended this place to anyone going to or living in Savannah.