“Very Pampered!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Zeigler House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Savannah
Zeigler House Inn
Ranked #14 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Pampered!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

My husband and I spent a weekend in Savannah to celebrate my birthday early and were so very delighted to find this Beautiful B&B! This was our first time in Savannah and at B&B. Jackie the owner, was an absolutely wonderful hostess! She sat with us as soon as we arrived and pulled out a nice map and started explaining the area and places to visit and see and where to eat. She showed us the parlor and our room. We stayed in the French Country room. I loved the King size bed, the stocked fridge, whirlpool tub, the delicious pastries and the semi-private terrace in our room. Anytime we needed anything we were able to contact Jackie on her cell. She made sure our stay was perfect.The only negative about this room is it is on street level next to the stairs to the main floor, so you can hear people walking by. It wasn't too noisy, but for light sleepers, it could be an issue. But we would stay there again. This home is in the perfect location and walking distance to many places to visit and restaurants. We LOVED our quick stay at this beautiful home and felt at home. We loved the special attention! No more hotels for us. :))

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tyannsark
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Zephyrhills, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

My friends and I have been coming to Jackie's for five years now. We come every year and as soon as we leave, we start looking forward to coming back the next year. Jackie is a WONDERFUL hostess (and baker!!). We love her and her house. It is a beautiful home that is a perfect location for all of the sights of Savannah. I cannot stress enough how amazing this place is...

Room Tip: Street level rooms (where we stay) are extremely cozy and charming. Upstairs rooms are a little big...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amber B
Dade City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

This was our third visit to the Zeigler House Inn and would not dream of staying at any other bed and breakfast. Jackie, the owner, is a perfect hostess and a fanastic baker! She is very knowledgeable about all the wonderful things Savannah has to offer and she is always eager to help arrange anything we ask. The house is gorgeous and close enough to the sights that we rarely drive anywhere. We love coming back after a day of sightseeing to find the most delicious baked goods waiting in our room. The extras Jackie places in each room is much appreciated and includes a refrigerator filled with a variety of drinks, a bowl of fresh fruit, and yummy little chocolates. The room is always very clean and the spacious bathroom is fantastic! We think the world of Jackie and highly recommend the Zeigler House Inn to anyone we know that is heading to Savannah.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank GBrown1963
Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

Our first visit to Savannah was extra special thanks to our wonderful accommodations at the Zeigler House. This B & B is a true gem and highly recommended!

Room Tip: We stayed in the French Country suite which had it's own entrance and patio area
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sonja95
houston, tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

My husband & I stayed at the Zeigler House for 2 nights in early January. We had the Giverny Suite on the 3rd floor which was lovely, quite roomy and had a very comfortable king-sized bed. Be aware if choosing this suite that there is no elevator and the stairs up are long, steep and narrow.

Upon arrival, Jackie went over the map and made dinner suggestions and a reservation. She was quite nice and we appreciated her initial help. She gave us a card with her cell phone number and told us to call if we had any questions or issues. She also enlisted her son to help with getting our luggage up all those stairs. That was most appreciated!

We loved the historic district location and beautiful Jones Street. Everything was within easy walking distance.

As everyone has said, Jackie's morning pastries are to die for. It's a good thing Savanna is such a walking city as we needed as much exercise as possible after overindulging in those, but glad we did as I can still recall the taste.

The Zeigler house is obviously lovingly cared for as all the public rooms are gorgeous and immaculate as was our suite.

I would love to have given this property a 5 star rating, but was disappointed in the lack of presence of Jackie or any of her guests throughout the remainder of our stay. Granted, it was not a busy time, but there were others staying and we literally saw no one after check in. There was no cocktail hour for mingling and talking with others which I really enjoy in a B&B. I think it's such a shame that breakfast isn't served in the beautiful dining room - with those amazing pastries, of course.

My other complaints, but certainly not huge ones:
The fireplaces shown in pics of the Giverny suite are non-working. Would have been nice for the unseasonably cold weather. There is one very small flat screen TV in the bedroom. Would have been much nicer in the sitting area. The sitting area and the bedroom needed better lighting.

All in all, we did enjoy our stay at the Zeigler House Inn and would love to see Savannah's squares in bloom, so will probably be back one spring. However, would probably check out one of the other highly rated TA Inns or B&B's just for a different approach to the B&B/Inn concept.

Room Tip: It's a quiet area, so choosing a lower level room would be much more convenient for in and out w...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank suthna
innkeeper57, Owner at Zeigler House Inn, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
I was sorry to see that this couple was not totally satified. We always try to meet all our guests expectations and hopefully exceed them. I do want to apologize to them if they felt neglected during their stay. It was not my intent to make them feel that way. I was here at the inn during their entire stay but was probably not as visible as I normal. My first grandchild was born over the Christmas holiday and I still had visiting family, including my grandson here. I must admit he did get a lot of my attention. Again, I do apologize for not taking more time to spend with you.