Bluegreen Vacations Studio Homes at Ellis Square, an Ascend Resort Collection
Minnesota
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We booked a 2 Room 2 bath suite and loved it. Less than buying 2 hotel rooms but much more value. Good location between river and broughton st. Construction, checkin and parking not simple but manageable. Dinner at belfords. Breakfast at goose feathers. Perfect.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank oakleafgal
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Well I was so overwhelmed buy the quality and the cleanliness of the hotel linens I just felt I needed to leave a brief review. I am a road warrior and travel for business constantly, and I guess I have developed a "laundry quality meter" based on all of the hotels I have stayed in. well I don't know who is doing the laundry for Studio Homes but they deserve a raise! The sheets and pillow cases were impeccable and smelled fresh and clean but not perfumed or smelling of chemicals. The towels and luxurious bath robe were fresh and fluffy and a joy to use. I vote to give the laundry person or service washing linens for this hotel my 5 star award!

Room Tip: Just know their is a construction site just outside the front door which shouldn't be a problem...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Roadtripper20
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

When I think of Savannah, I don't think much of it. I think of a, old, dingy, dirty, old-fashioned town. That sterotype could not be farther from the truth as was proved with my recent stay. I was there for only 2 days- March 9-March 10. The rooms were super clean, Im a clean freak, so I always check the floor and mirrors for handprints and go to the bathroom to see traces of hair. It passed my inspection. I could not find anything wrong with the property and the hotel has a very home like feel. When I called to update my reservation, I asked for the sofa sleeper to be made upon my arrival. We were traveling with kids and were due to get in around 7 or 8pm and I wanted everything already made up. To my surprise, it was done just as such. There have been soooo many times when simple requests, such as extra pillows or towels or blankets be placed in my room, where it simply did not get done. The appliances were totally new, from stainless steel fridge, toaster, oven, microwave, spic and span clean oven mitts, just everything was fantastic. My only complaint was that there was construction going on, across the street which woke me up and the less than friendly security guard of the property who "politely" informed me that his shift didn't start til 10:00pm. I was trying to speak with him and I was annoyed by the fact that he was on his cell phone since I felt was rude and he should have been assisting me, at which time he told me he was early for his shift. i thought most companies don't allow u to be on the "floor: unless working and how the hell was I supposed to know he wasn't on the clock? Other than that, this was a perfect stay. We went just as St. Patrick's day festivities were getting under way so the city was vibrant and active. We were there for my daughter's gymnastics meet which coincided with the Girl Scouts Annual Convention so the city was on fire!!! River Street is a few blocks within walking distance from the hotel and u can catch a free water taxi to other parts of the district so essentially, once u park at the Hotel/Whitaker Street Garage, you really don't have to move your car since there is a free trolly as well that takes u around. I will certainly be back to really take in the city and would certainly stay here. The posted rates are pretty steep, but i was fortunate to get it on a travel zoo deal which put the nightly rate at around $150 for a one bedroom.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ScorpioWande
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

My wife and I just returned from a three night stay at the Studio Homes. For the price we paid, there is no better place to stay in Savannah. Before choosing this place, understand that it is not really a hotel. There is no restaurant, fitness center, pool, etc. Maid service comes by request only. There is no free continental breakfast, and so on.

We did not really care about the lack of the above stated amenities, especially when we saw the place. It really is a well put together apartment. The decor, furniture and the hardwood floors were definitely high quality.

First, the kitchen is amazing. It has more or less anything you would need in a kitchen and more. My wife had brought carrots but forgot to bring a carrot grater. No problem, the kitchen had one.The bedroom was small, but there was really no reason for it to be big since there was plenty of living space. I also loved the flat screen TV mounted to the bedroom wall. Nice touch. Bathroom was really nice, very big, great shower. Everything was solid as far as quality. I would post pictures of everything, but seriously the place looks exactly like it did in the pictures on the various websites.

The location was perfect. The place is within walking distance of anything you could possibly want to see in Savannah and literally a 1 minute walk from City Market, Broughton St and River St. All in all, the place was a great stay. I would highly recommend, especially if you are the type that likes to bring along some food while away.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Greg K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is a brand new apartment type hotel.The one-bedroom unit we stayed in was amazingly decorated with dark hardwoods, separate bedroom/ living room area and a full kitchen complete with a huge stainless steel fridge, oven, and microwave. It was in a prime location right in the middle of the historic district, close to River Street, City Market, and shopping off Broughton. The staff was very pleasant and I wish that we stayed more than one night. Hopefully, we'll be back again soon!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business