“Very upscale but comfortable hotel”

Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #32 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I stayed here mid July with my husband. Beautiful hotel, comfortable rooms, great beds, good food, fun pool and excellent location. Need I say more? Definitely a Westin. Will definitely go back. I do not have a negative thing to say about it.

Room Tip: Of course you want to overlook the town of Savannah and the Savannah river. The upper floors have b...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
WestinSav, Dan Kakabeeke, Director of Operations at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review! We appreciate hearing how much you enjoyed your recent visit and look forward to having you return in the future!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

i and my family stayed here during the police chiefs convention. the motel is beautiful and has great views of the savannah river. the staff was wonderful and friendly. the hot tub was very nice. my wife and daughter enjoyed the pool. this was my second time visiting. everone made you feel welcomed and handled any problems or concerns i had. we will definitly be back.

Room Tip: rooms on the southside have a wonderful view of the savannah river and river street distric.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. We always enjoy hosting the Police Chiefs Convention each year, and look forward to next year and the opportunity to welcome you all back.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We only stayed in the Westin for one night, but would easily have stayed for longer if we had remained in Savannah. Priceline negotiator got us a great rate, although I accidentally booked for the wrong night. When we arrived, the receptionist said it would be no issue, and booked us a room. I ended up getting charged the difference between the Negotiator rate and the regular room rate, but after looking at my credit card bill, the Westin was happy to refund that charge when I explained what had happened. I was pleasantly surprised by this, as they didn't have to honor the Negotiator reservation for a different night.

Also: lounged by the riverside pool and enjoyed several different local beers and strong Margaritas. Super easy and free ferry shuttle to Savannah proper. Gorgeous room with a view over the river and riverfront walk of the city. All in all, a great stay - highly recommended.

Room Tip: Riverside rooms have a nice view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
WestinSav, Dan Kakabeeke, Director of Operations at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments surrounding your vist. I am happy to hear how well everything worked out for you. We hope you will have another opportunity to stay a little longer with us on your next visit to Savannah.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

I stayed at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa from 7/9/12 thru 7/15/12 while attending the American Art Therapy Association's annual conference that was held at this hotels convention center. I had a beautiful room that was very clean with a very comfortable bed. The hotel was quite beautiful, the food was delicious, and the free ferry to Savannah was fun!!!
However, the best part of the stay was the Staff. It was southern hospitality at its best!!! At the front desk, Chelsey Mack was very helpful and concerned about an issue I was having and has a sweet personality. She had to refer me to her supervisor, Lauren Brink, for further assistance. Ms. Brink went out of her way to handle this issue in a very satisfactory matter and was very nice and very professional as well. In the gift shop, Desiree was a delight and so good at her job. In the cafe, Midnight Sun, Sam and T.J. were great waiters and fun to talk with. Merry, the concierge, was so helpful in making reservations, mapping out places of interest, and even printed out my boarding passes. She would give myself and friends the history behind the buildings in Savannah also.
Rooms and buildings are nice but the GREAT STAFF truly makes a place.!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Nancy11129
WestinSav, Dan Kakabeeke, Director of Operations at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Thank you so much for sharing such a great review! I truly appreciate hearing such nice comments surrounding your recent visit and how well you were treated. It is nice to know that our staff was able to provide you with such a wonderful experience and I look forward to being able to share your comments with them. Once again, thank you for your feedback! Having guests such as yourself always make our jobs so easy. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back next year for the American Art Therapy Association's annual conference.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

When we first checked in, we were offered valet parking for an extra $23 per day. We declined. We completed the check-in process, parked the car ourselves and walked the few hundred feet back to the main entrance. When we arrived at the room, the beds were not made and there was garbage everywhere. Our bellman left us in the hallway and called the front desk. Then we were taken to a different room, which had been serviced. We had a "golf view", which means we had a view of the little swamp behind the building.

We used the free ferry service to go to and from River Street. My niece really enjoyed these trips on the river, as I expected she would. We did not get to the pool as a sudden rain shower appeared during the time we were back at the hotel between planned events.

We got back late one day and ordered room service. We had crab cakes, a club wrap, creme brulee and raspberry sorbet. The food was good, but pricey.

My overall impression was that the facility is charging Westin prices but is delivering a hotel experience that does not quite meet Westin resort level expectations. Given that we were charged a hefty resort fee on top of the regular cost of the room, I couldn't be less happy that I chose the place. Next time, we'll stay in Savannah, perhaps at the Bohemian.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
WestinSav, Dan Kakabeeke, Director of Operations at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. We appreciate you choosing The Westin Savannah. We want you to know that we value you as our guest and your feedback is most important to us. We strive for each of our guests to have a true Westin experience and unfortunately it appears that in your case we fell short of providing you with that. I have shared your comments with my management team so that we can use this to help make improvements in these areas. Once again, thank you for your feedback. I hope that you will visit us again in the future and allow us the opportunity to properly serve you.