“Lovely location but missing in making it a 5 star”

Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #32 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The Westin is lovely in a great location but we did have experiences you would not expect. First the resort fee was not disclosed to us when we made the reservations. We stayed 5 days so that was an additional $100. We went "green” and we thought that was a savings in linen. However we had no maid service including emptying trash for 3 days. The restaurant only had a buffet on Wednesday and although they offered to make me an omelet it was not disclosed to me when I was seated. The coffee bar had a surly waitress who I dreaded seeing each day. Finally the shuttle to the airport cost $25 per person. I did enjoy the pool, views of Savannah and the ferry. The staff except the coffee bar was great and very accommodating.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cwinner
WestinSav, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for choosing The Westin Savannah for your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our pool and the beautiful views of Savannah from our Resort. We appreciate your feedback and I have shared your comments with our Directors for corrective action and to use towards making improvements. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our interest in you as our valued guest.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

If you stay here you better get use to taking the ferry back and worth. We enjoyed this actually. The ferry ride is no longer than 5 minutes. The hotel was nice and clean and we enjoyed the piano playing on its own! Great hotel bar and a wonderful breakfast at the top of the escalators.

Room Tip: Book a waterfront room. Enjoy the breakfast.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
WestinSav, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

We are happy to hear that you had a nice visit with us, and appreciate you sharing your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to Savannah.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We just came from the Westin in Hilton Head & this is far nicer. It's a newer property and naturally it doesn't have a beach but otherwise everything is better at the Savannah property. Both charge a resort fee which is nuts since thats why people choose the hotel but at least in savannah you get something for it - a free ferry service across the river to town. The pool is very cold so you need to be brave to swim but it's really lovely and the lay out for the pool area is great. I'd highly recommend staying here. I didn't give the room a higher rating since the bathroom is quite small. River view is nice.

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for staying with us for your recent visit to Savannah. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Resort. Our pool should always be heated to 80 degrees and have shared your comments with our Director of Engineering for inspection. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed here from 4/11-4/15 for a convention and had a very nice room 1419-1421. We did pay to have a junior suite (thus two rooms, up on the 14th floor, the top floor is on 16. I only wish I remembered to ask for a room with a balcony, there are only a few.. We did get the river view room which was wonderful to watch the boats and cargo ships pass by your windows. Be aware, they do have the tug boat which sounds a loud horn before they pass, but it is usually not late at night and before 7am. The spa and golf course which I used were both extremely nice. Overall a very nice Westin and I would return there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing the Westin Savannah. I appreciate you taking the time to share such nice comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at the Westin Savannah on a trip between two other destinations and was I pleasantly surprised...my room was perfect and with a ferry boat water taxi to conveniently take me back and forth into the Savannah River District I was able to really enjoy my short stay...what a beautiful city, what a beautiful stay!

Room Tip: ...dinner at the Moon River Brewery up on Bay street, order the scallops and the Fox IPA?...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for sharing your comments. Historic Savannah is a wonderful area and I am glad you were able to enjoy your recent visit with us. We hope you will return to Savannah in the future and have the opportunity to stay with us again.