“Lunch time with Son!”

Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Sister's of the New South have been serving Savannah, GA, with southern hospitality and comfort for years. We have 4 locations across Savannah ranging from Pooler to Beaufort, SC. Our southern style cooking has been a community favorite for years. We also will cater your events no matter how small or large to bring the south to you. Our recipes will take you back in time when times were slow, and the cooking was great.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Wanted to try some good ole southern cooking and saw a group on for this place. I had the fried pork chop, which was cold. The macaroni and cheese was good so was the green beans. My son had the fried shrimp which they cooked after he ordered it, but that was because there wasn't any in the warming station. It was very good. It was kinda pricey for the food we did get.

Sisters B, Owner at Sisters, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hi Linda, we are so sorry to hear about your experience with us. It is our main goal to make sure every guest that we have has a great and satisfying meal, and we are sorry we dropped the ball on this one. We appreciate all feedback and would like to invite you to contact us at sbsoulfoodrest@aol.com so we can get more details on your experience. We would like to let you know this is not how we operate our business, and truly hope you can return to give us another chance.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We went here for simple and southern cooking...staff was lovely...huge array of staples...oxtail was a unique choice...lots of sides. We had a Groupon and got such a great deal. This was the perfect stop over on our way to Bonaventure cemetery. If you want cheap homemade and real...come here! We were only sad that there was no fried chicken that day. We'll be back!

Sisters B, Manager at Sisters, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hello, thanks for the positive review! We are glad that you had good food and service provided. Can't wait until you return next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

i enjoyed my meal of fried chicken, red rice, stuffing, & green beans at the restaurant. If you want a larger portion ask for the to go box. You can still eat it there, but you get a larger portion from what I saw. The food was good, but nothing else was all that special. I would go back, but would get it to take with me next time.

Sisters B, Owner at Sisters, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hello,

We're glad you enjoyed your meal here at Sisters of the New South. We strive to provide our guests with an equal amount of food whether they are dining in or taking it to go, and apologize if it did not come across that way. We appreciate you wanting to come back and we can guarantee the 5 star experience that you so very much deserve!!

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We visited in January all the way from New York. The food and hospitality was amazing. We had fried chicken, greens, stuffing, peas and rice and corn bread!! The sweet tea was to die for. If your looking for true southern cuisine and southern hospitality this is the place to go! We will definitely return!

Sisters B, Owner at Sisters, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hi Cynthia! Thank you so much for visiting us while you were away from home! We are SO happy that we provided you with a delicious meal and exceptional service. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in George, and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My coworker wanted southern style food and found this place which had decent reviews. I’d say they were all written by people affiliated with the business because what I experienced was less than a rating of 1. We arrived and 2 young girls followed us in from the outside. One went to the back room and the other immediately began trying to serve us without even washing her hands. Since this is a cafeteria style place they serve your plate and you walk to a seating area. I had green beans, bags, okra and a hamburger steak. The bee a and cabbage were so salty it was gross. The hamburger steak was cold. Cold like it had been sitting out for a very long time cold. Then we asked for a bottle of water and were told they had none. Then we asked for a coke or sprite and they said they had none. Then I asked for lemonade and they had none. So they have a Coke fountain drink system but no syrup for it. I asked what do you have and the girl pointed to 3 bottles of Diet Coke and a blue raspberry Fanta soda bottle. It should be noted the food inspection score on the wall was a B. I can’t imagine it should even be that high. The food was disgusting and cold, they don’t have any soda/drinks and the the experience was so bad I hope I can prevent anyone from ever waiting $13 on dinner there. Stay away !!!

1  Thank jamesdean29