“I don't like the changes.”

Parker's Market Urban Gourmet
Ranked #57 of 921 Restaurants in Savannah
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 7 December 2017

I have always loved Parkers Urban Gourmet, or 'Fancy Parker's' as we locals call it. But not too long ago it underwent a major remodeling effort which, in my opinion, ruined it. Gone is the warm, comfy interior which encouraged patrons to grab something good to eat, relax and enjoy. The new Parker's is modern and sterile. Maybe this is an attempt at modernization but there is no longer anything to draw me into the space. With the downsizing of the imported foods section and the gift area I really don't have a reason to frequent this store anymore.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Around Savannah, I think of OTHER Parker locations for gas. THIS location has wonderful food options. I run in for a curry chicken salad or some muffins. Big wine selection too. But the front of store always has great gift and decor items. Wonderful CHRISTMAS and HANNUKAH items right now. I was especially charmed by a selection of owls ... My cousin collects them. And some garlands made of cotton bole branches ... not sure those were for sale. Great place to get snacks for your hotel room. And a bottle of wine, though I chose a bottle of Bai Clementine drink.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Great spot for broad selection of take-out deli type items. Wonderful fried chicken. Pick up your supplies for a picnic and head to one of the squares and enjoy. If a car, they are also a gas station.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I’m a fan of the Homemade Lemonade. It keeps taking me back. It is a destination every trip to Savannah. Today we even ate some breakfast. Enjoyed the food and getting to sit outside at eat. The desserts are so pretty to look at.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I eagerly walked over to Parker’s, as I had found it on my last visit and found it to be gluten free friendly with lots of options for us poor GF souls, and quaint as could be. I walked in and thought I’d wandered into the wrong store. They have totally reorganized and changed the place so that it has a modern feel. It seems they have a lot more refrigerator space around the outside edges, lots of alcohol and drink options, fresh coffee. They’ve kept the fresh pre-made food options and the pre-made deli options. It is possible that their selection hasn’t changed all that much, but it was pretty hard to find gluten free options, except for the obvious - like pickles, cheese and chips. I’m disappointed. I miss the quaint layout with items in wooden baskets. I suspect this new design is more efficient, and you’re selling what sells well. However, I don’t suspect I’ll go out of my way to come back.

2  Thank lauragatz