“Great Bar, Great Service, Great Dinner!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 939 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$ 45 - US$ 100
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Whitaker
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to the nearest Ruth's Chris Steak House.
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We had a 5:45 dinner reservation, but we went early (5:00 p.m.) just to sit at the bar. It was a rainy Tuesday night and we were there early, so it was not crowded at all. In fact, we were the first at the bar. There were two wonderful bartenders preparing for the night - Sarah and Randi. Sarah served us our first drinks, and then Randi took over. Both ladies them made our Tao Tini's just the way we like them. We had a wonderful time talking with Randi while she was busy with others who had come to the bar, and with the drinks that were going out to the restaurant. I don't know how they can keep up with the restaurant orders while also handling the bar customers.

At 5:45 we went to our table and Richard was our server - absolutely wonderful and attentive. The Lobster Bisque was to die for. We both had the Petite Filet, medium rare, and they were cooked to perfection. The Cremini Mushrooms and Creamed Spinach were our sides - delicious.

For after the meal, my wife had the Irish Coffee and I had the Fonseca Bin 27 Port wine. For dessert we shared the Creme Brulee.

It was a wonderful meal with excellent service, and the bill for the meal (without gratuity) was $195.00 Not bad. We would definitely come back to Ruth's Chris Steak House.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Walked in on a Thursday night. Sat at the bar. Place was empty. I figured out why. There were two bartenders. Both ignored me. Finally the female acknowledged me. Male never looked up.

Ordered a Makers Mark old fashion. Planned to have dinner. Finished my drink. Neither of them checked on me.

Finally I asked for a check as I was out of there. $17.00 plus tax for a drink? Seriously?

I heard the girl tell another customer that she was a marketing major. Really?

Won't be back. Went to Vic's on the river. Good choice.

1  Thank Mpclaw
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Wait staff was exceptional- food was AmAzInG! Beautiful ambiance- perfect spot for a date night. The steak is the best I've ever tasted-

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We had tried so many Steak Restaurants during our 3 Week Vacation in the USA. This Steakhouse was definitely the best we tried, and we tried a lot..

There are two dining rooms. A lounge and Bar area, which we choose, and the normal dining room. We just loved the Lounge and Bar Room. The light was just right, a little bit dark, nice and romantic, just the way we like it. A very good piano player, played live Blues Music, not too loud, exactly right.

I had the Cesar Salat as a Starter, really the best Cesar Salat I have had in my whole Life! Enough awesome Dressing and a lot of Parmesan Cheese. Just so delicious..

I had the Filet as Main Course, medium/rare.. I have tried so many steaks in our 3 Week in the USA, and this Steak was a Top Notch.. The best I had in those 3 Weeks. Served on a sizzling Plate and just perfect. The Side Orders were all great and the Service was very good.

I can really recommend this Restaurant, but choose the Bar Area, much nicer than the Restaurant Area. The Bar has a warm and romantic Atmosphere, and the Food is amazing.

Would love to visit again..

Reviewed 14 August 2017

This really is a special occasion place. The location is central. The restaurant looks great and has a pleasant and professional staff. The drinks came quickly, but it took quite a while to place our dinner order. The men's room was clean, but had no towels. So I had to tell the hostess to fix the problem.