“Southern Hospitality”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Virginia
“Southern Hospitality”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Great b&b located near Forsyth Park. Delicious breakfast and fantastic service.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Talladega, Alabama
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Can't even start to describe our glorious honeymoon experience at Dresser Palmer House in Savannah, GA. The atmosphere was wonderful, and actually was like taking a step back in time, back in history. From the staircase newels to the lovely old grand piano in the palor, this old home has been marvelously and beautifully renovated, delicious breakfasts, friendliness of the staff was beyond belief, very helpful and went way beyond the call of duty. The staff was very knowledgeable in regards to, not only the history of the house, but also that of Savannah, and knew all the great places to visit and the really good restaurants to try. Each room contained a journal that guest could leave a short note in, while reading this journal, I noticed that many previous guest had traveled worldwide and stayed in several different B&B's, and most of the time, they had rated the Dresser Palmer House as being number one of their B&B's experiences. We couldn't have been happier with our choice of cities or our choice of Bed and Breakfasts for our honeymoon, could not have ask for a better honeymoon experience. Now we're just trying to think up an excuse to return.

Room Tip: Don't need to add a tip for choosing a good room, all the rooms at the Dresser Palmer House are...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Libby B
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My wife and I checked in for one night on our way back from St. Simon's Island over the weekend. We wanted to stay here because of its past history and my wife likes the ghost tales. I called the night before because of any last minute deals, which they advertise on their website under "Specials." I knew rooms were available and wanted to see how much of a savings I would get. Spoke with Holly and was informed that she would give me the Azalea room at 20% off making it $159 instead of $199 before tax. I went ahead and took this. Check-in on Tuesday about 4pm. Check-in took some time because another couple was ahead, but I didn't mind. The location is good, right off the shopping areas in a nice, quite neighborhood. Parking is abundant out front and in the back, which has 3 parking spaces, and 1 handicap. They also have their own lot with 28 spaces available off Abecorn Street. Checked in with Holly who knew who we were and complimentary upgraded us to the Wesley room, which was much bigger and had a king size bed. The shower was huge and encased in marble. The room was located in the adjacent building, had its own entrance and located on the bottom floor. I am not a fan of 1st floor rooms, but this time I made an exception since my suitcase was heavy and their is no elevator and also the room was a complimentary upgrade. The room does let is some light at night due to the street lights and the lights on the patio. That is one thing I do not like, I like it dark at night, but I was tired from the day of travel. The wine hour was great, good wine. They have a bar with a honor system, which I think is cool. The TV in the room is not a flat-panel and the channels are not great, but who goes to a b&b and watch TV. Also there is no phone in the room. There is wireless, which is secured. Breakfast was small in portion, but was delicious. I would stay here again or stay at its neighbor the Olde Savannah Inn, which is just gorgeous.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Kingsland, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My husband and I needed a weekend to unwind and the Dresser Palmer was THE place for it! Our room, Wisteria, was breathtakingly beautiful, from the furnishings, to the fireplace, and the amazing shower. For us, the fact that it is in a basement area made it even cozier. This is one of those places that understands less is more when it comes to patterns, wallpaper, and furniture. There is only one window, so we felt completely removed from the hustle and bustle of the city. Perfect.
Thank you Shannon and staff for giving us royal treatment.

Room Tip: The Wisteria is THE place for couples wanting to cocoon themselves from the rest of the world. Don w...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank igourmet
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at this fantastic B&B in Savannah and we were so happy with our choice! The home itself is so beautiful, and is located perfectly in the historic district- an incredibly short walk to Forsyth Park as well as wonderful restaurants and historic sights. The staff was phenomenal, always willing to help with a suggestion or directions. The other truly fantastic thing about our stay was the food! Breakfast each day was delicious and the one night we were there for snacks and wine in the evening was great as well! The breakfast and evening gatherings allow you to meet other guests and enjoy a sense of community with them, which was wonderful as well. We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Oglethorpe room and loved it! Great patio and very comfortable bed!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple