“Great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Enjoyed this B&B very much. We stayed in the Mandevilla room and it was very comfortable and relaxing. Breakfast both mornings was great. Breakfast is served until 10 which was good for sleeping in a little. Owners were very friendly and helpful. Great value.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

I picked this B&B for a trip to Savannah because of its location downtown within walking distance of the main park and all the squares (we parked the car on the street in front of the B&B and walked for the entire extended weekend). The owners were very friendly and provided a wonderful breakfast. The value was very good for the location and quality. The gardens are beautiful, be sure to allow enough time to sit and have a glass of wine while enjoying the paradise the owners have created in downtown Savannah. When walking back at night from downtown the last quarter mile before you arrive at the B&B appears a little rough but we had no problems. I would stay here again and strongly recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank D R
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at Roussell's for the first time last winter. We loved it so much that we didn't even consider staying anywhere else when we began planning our second visit to Savannah. We have stayed in the Parlor Room and the Camelia Room, and both are beautiful. When you stay here, you feel like family. You begin your stay with a warm, cozy room that transports you back in history with beautiful decor and a very comfortable bed. Then you wake up to the smell of Jan's fantastic breakfast. Breakfast is beyond delicious! No matter what Jan makes, it is always scrumptious. Her crab quiche and berry berry french toast are to die for. Bryan will give you directions and maps to anywhere you need to go. During our recent trip, we wanted to do a trolley tour of the district, and Bryan called the tour company and had them pick us up after breakfast. So helpful! You can also start your touring on foot and enjoy a nice walk to the heart of the historic district. The weather was perfect this past weekend, so we enjoyed some nice reading in the garden after a long day of walking and exploring the historic district. Jan always leaves out some delicious goodies for you to enjoy when you are hanging out at the inn: coffee, hot water for tea, banana bread, oranges from their orange tree, etc. I really could go on and on about how much we love this place and the Roussell hospitality, but you must experience for yourself. You won't be disappointed. My husband and I are already looking forward to our third visit.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Beaufort, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

My husband and I stayed one night here for his Marine Corps Birthday Ball. The owner was very welcoming upon us arriving and gave us a 'grand tour' of the beautiful home as soon as we got up to our room. Our room was very clean and our bed extremely comfortable, though noises from the street floated into our room throughout the night. In the morning at breakfast she made sure we had everything we needed. Roussell's is priced lower than many bed and breakfasts, but the service and hospitality you receive exceeds the price you pay. We would love to return to them in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

I did not stay here but I made a reservation at this bed and breakfast in May of this year for the marathon last weekend. I received confirmation over the phone and via email and my credit card was charged. I got one of the rooms for a special deal as advertised on its website. I called three wks prior to my scheduled visit to ensure we were all set. I was then told my room was given away and that they "called everyone" to reconfirm reservations. I did not receive a phone call or email of this. My room was given away and I was left without a place to stay in Savannah where every other hotel was already booked. The owner admitted his wrongdoing but refused to give me back my room. I can only assume they were able to give out that room for a high cost. My account was credited a week later. When I asked him why he would give my room away when my credit card was already charged, I was not given an answer. The owner admitted to making a "poor business decision". I will never recommend this place to anyone. I recommend to anyone planning to stay here to confirm and reconfirm and maybe reconfirm again!

Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends