Historic Summit Inn
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort(Farmington)(Great Value!)
US$ 271
US$ 176
US$ 76
Fairfield Inn Uniontown(Uniontown)(Great Value!)
US$ 102
US$ 84
US$ 61
US$ 110
US$ 99
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfalling wateroutdoor poolgrand porchcrab cakesthe chicken pot piefrank lloyd wrightfront porchhuge fireplacepiece of historykentuck knobping pongrocking chairslaurel cavernsnational roadwhite water raftingfort necessityrooms are comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Summit Inn in June for two nights. It was a great experience in a wonderful old hotel with great views. We had some difficulty finding it because of the steep road (Rt 40), but we did find it and our room was just as promised. We ate diner both nights at the restaurant in the hotel and the food was great. We had made reservations for Wednesday and Thursday evenings but didn't need them. We visited Falling Water on Thursday and enjoyed it very much, but I hadn't read the warning in the brochure about lots of walking, and I almost regretted it. All in all it was a great time and we would like to go back some time.

Room Tip: No elevator. Choose a room on the main floor. If stairs are not an issue a room on the second floor front should have great views toward the west.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The Summit Inn was awful, the room smelled significantly like mold, and the pool was the filthiest I have seen in a establishment that was presently open. No exaggeration the untreated pool at Fallingwater looked alot better.
The staff was polite, but the woman at the desk acted surprised when I commented about the room smell and the pool conditions, but as I read on this site these are regular complaints. Fallingwater was awesome, and this hotel might have been when Harding was President but it is the opposite of awesome now.

Room Tip: Dont stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank john g
Reviewed 7 August 2012

A little pricy and if you want a modern refined hotel this isnt it. Room was old and historic. Hallways are old and creaky but common space was nice (and historic). I enjoyed the super huge outdoor pool which was clean. I enjoyed the outdoor space and the large porch sitting area. The only ice machine was at the front desk which was far.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2012

A colleague and I stayed here last week in route to falling water after a conference in Pittsburgh. Another colleague had suggested it based on seeing it from outside. It is a turn of the century hotel on a mountaintop with spectacular views down the valley from the wrap around porch. We had dinner here and the sunset was spectacular and the service grat but the food was mediocre. We had drinks in the small bar which charged very high prices for a small establishment. The hotel has some period pieces and a nice lobby. The rugs throughout made the place smell old and musty. Tere must be great floors underneath if they renovated the place. I traveled up old decrepit stairs to find a room that was reminiscint of the 50s motor lodge. Old wall paper with stains, old comforter, hard bed, old ac, etc. the rooms were clean though, just in need of a makeover. The price we paid we expected a lot more! The best part of the stay was not food, lodging or price but the Olympic size pool and jacuzzi outdoors. It's old but a terrific facility. If I had to do it over again, I would stop here for drinks and a sunset view and then drive a bit further to hartzell house for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank CaKanoe
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This hotel was built in 1907 and has all the charm and ambiance of that era. It sits on top of a mountain, right on the old US40 . The large porches afford great sunset views and relaxation.
Their onion soup is one of the best, while the rest of the food is average.
we stayed in a summit king room , which was spacious and comfortable.
It is close to Laural Caverns and Frank Lloyd Wright's beautiful Falling Waters.
Indoor and outdoor pools.

Room Tip: our room was in a small corridor at the back of the 1st level, with only 2 other rooms. We found it to be nice and quiet. The view wasn't anything , but the privacy made up for it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple