“Imagine my unpleasant surprise when I arrived at this Hotel!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown

Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown
Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
New York
“Imagine my unpleasant surprise when I arrived at this Hotel!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

I got bumped from the Hilton, Inner Harbor, and instead they offered me.... the Home 2 Suites. Same price, but a world of difference. It just looked like a local, seedy joint where undesirables might hang out. The Front Desk staff were ok, not overly friendly, but not bad. Nasty, small elevator and really ugly rooms. The bedspread and linens were so wrinkled I was afraid to sleep on them. I put things over it, so that I wouldn't have to let it touch my skin. To add insult to injury, they wanted to charge $25 a day for parking. I was already paying almost $170 a night for the dump! Be very careful! Just because it has Hilton attached to it doesn't mean it meets the standards of most Hiltons.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank NewYorkRmack
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Telford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Clean hotel and very friendly staff. We traveled with our 6 month old and it was great! The hotel is not too far to walk to the Inner Harbor, and when we did not feel like walking, the Charm City Connector (free shuttle) has stops right by the hotel, we hopped on and went to town. The kitchen (fridge, dishwasher, microwave, and sink) in the room was great for washing bottles and keeping the baby food cold. It was nice to be able to store leftovers from dinner too in the fridge. We used the hotel crib (pack and play) and it was very new and clean. The breakfast in the morning was just ok, bagels, yogurt, etc - but it was free, and that works fine for us! We would definitely stay again with our litle one. One thing to note though - the bathroom has a stand up shower (no bathtub), so we had to bathe the baby in the sink. Not sure how to handle if the baby was too big for sink and was not able to use the shower yet (just a tip for those traveling with slightly older kids).

Room Tip: I recommend using a king size bed suite if you will need a crib in the room.
1 Thank Leslie T
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Great value - clean, updated. Great for families with children. There was a fold out bed in our room. Nice to have a small kitchenette. The staff was attentive and patient with our little one.

Arlington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I spent one night (10 April) at this hotel to be nearby for an early morning appointment. When I arrived the exterior looked like a youyh hostel or a homeless shelter wpeople milling around outside the front door. The check in went well, the clerk was pleasant and helpful. The one way street outside was full so I had to use "valet" parking. My room was almost clean, the bed/bedding was clean but the floor was in need of vaccuming and it was not stocked with towels. The longer I stayed, the more I noticed. I found jelly beans, shredded paper and crumbs in various areas of the room. As I checked the bathroom I found hair from previous occupants in the shower. Luckily for me, I carry Lysol disinfectant cleaner in my bag. During the night I heard what sounded like garbage trucks and other noises throughout the night. Checkout was an unpleasant experience with a confused and frazzled young trainee working the front desk apparently alone. Other employees were out searching for cars that had been "valet parked", previously. At that time I was told that I should have called 30 minutes before I needed my car. As I waited I watched kitchen staff/cooks(?) come to the lobby to hang out. One look at their clothing and hair and I was so glad that I had not partaken of the "free breakfast". I do realize that this may have been a "one time" situation but I will think twice about staying at this particular location.

Room Tip: Make sure the parking lot is not below your window.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MsVerde
Niles, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

A good value. Updated and clean. Near many attractions.
Breakfast could use a little more variety but still a good feature to have.
Nice and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Choose a doom on a higher floor to avoid traffic noise. 8+
    • 3 of 5 bubbles