“Great location in Baltimore's Mt Vernon/Arts District”

Ranked #30 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We spent two nights at the Home2 Suites in November 2011. Hotel was very clean, and the staff were terrific. We booked a queen room with a sofa bed, based on TripAdvisor reviews.

The room was big, especially given the price (less than $100/night). Overall, it was a terrific place within walking distance of the Walters Art Museum and the restaurants on Charles Street. (Go to Cazbar.) Overnight garage parking is easy - just a few blocks away if you don't want to deal with the valet service.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
speachnj, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

leighbean,

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review of the hotel! The Walters art museum is one of the many wonderful attractions of Downtown Baltimore, and one of my personal favorites. I hope upon your next visit to Baltimore you will think of us again.

Yours in Hospitality,
Nick.Speach@hilton.com

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

This hotel was everything my husband and I could have asked for. We wanted to get away and find someplace new, our stay here was excellent. The service was beyond what I was expecting! Lakia, a front desk assistant, was so helpful! The morning of check out I dropped the key to our car in a stream of water and they washed away into a sewer and with her help we were able to get them out! No matter where we go, I'll stay out home2.
-Colleen

• Stayed: March 2012

CRKennedy,

Thank you for such kind words regarding your recent stay with us. It really makes us feel like we are doing the right thing when we are able to assist our guests and they remember us as you do. Lakia is a wonderful part of our team, and I'm sure she will be thrilled to see you mentioned her. Keep a look out as the Home2 Family is expanding rapidly! We look forward to seeing you again.

Nick.Speach@hilton.com

Reviewed 1 March 2012

What a great concept for a hotel. It's basically a small studio apartment, complete with full fridge, microwave and sink. Plates and glasses are provided. So you can, to an extent, cook meals here.
Pretty much everything is a 10-minute walk, or less, and the Charm City Circulator (free shuttle bus) stops basically right outside the hotel. I had a car for part of the time I stayed here and parked it overnight on the street. I had no problems and got spots less than a block from the front door. The neighborhood feels pretty safe and there are several restaurants and bars on Charles Avenue, right next to the hotel.
The room was excellent. I had a fantastic view of the city (my room faced north), the bed was very comfortable, the wired and wireless internet worked really well and it was very quiet, cozy and comfortable.
The hotel staff were nice and helpful, able to give directions and give advice and information on area attractions and restaurants. The casual lobby concept was very cool. There's a front desk area, but the common area is mostly couches and a few high tables, with a TV at the center. This is where breakfast is served. The breakfast was very good, and above the standards of most free hotel breakfasts. They changed the main dish each day but had toast, muffins and oatmeal as staples throughout my stay of three nights. Additionally, just like other Hilton properties with free breakfasts, there's a sort of condiment bar that includes dried fruit, brown sugar and other items, to compliment the oatmeal or cereal.
I had a great time in Baltimore and I think at least part of it was because of my decision to stay here. Being able to walk to everything made the logistics a lot more simple and having such a nice room to come back to made it a lot more relaxing. I'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank colinaz
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband & I took our three children (9,12 & 15) for a weekend get away to Baltimore's Inner Harbor area over President's Day weekend. We had a great experience at the Home2 Suites. We arrived at about 1:30pm and our rooms were ready, so they allowed us to check in early. When I made the reservations online (directly through the hotel's website) I requested to have our two rooms either next to each other or across the hall from each other. They did not have two queen suites together available, so they upgraded us for free to one king suite with an adjoining queen suite. This worked out even better, since we were traveling with the children we put them in one suite, popped open the doors between the adjoining suites and there was plenty of space (and a little privacy) for all of us!

The suites themselves were a very nice size with decently sized kitchens including fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, plates, cups, utensils, etc. Everything was very clean. The hotel as a whole was clean, fresh and modern. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Complimentary continental breakfast in the morning was just enough and there was a decent selection both mornings.

The hotel offers a valet parking service of $25 per day. We opted to park the car and either walk everywhere or hop on the city's free bus, the Circulator, which picks up about a block away from the front door. The hotel is about 8 blocks/1 mile from the harbor area and it isn't a bad walk at all. We made the trek up and back several times with the kids in tow at various times of the day & night.

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay and will definitely consider staying here again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank KandB2008
speachnj, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

KandB2008,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your family's experience as you visited the Inner Harbor. I'm glad to hear you were able to be upgraded, and keep everyone together! I look forward to having you and your family return to The Home2 Suites for your next visit to the Inner Harbor.

nick.speach@hilton.com

Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed here over President's Day weekend based on all the good reviews. It lived up to its reputation -- a funky little hotel in a very convenient location. Got a really reasonable AAA rate online. The room was a spacious little suite with a decent size fridge (w/a big freezer), a microwave, and even a dishwasher. There was a sign that we could get an electric hotplate and skillet for free if we wanted one. There were enough dishes etc (and even a bottle opener and measuring cup) for us to have dinner the first night in our room. Decor is very IKEA like, and we could move the ottoman, table and rolling chair around so that we could eat in the room and then play a board game with our kids. We opted to let staff valet park our car (it was supposed to snow, even though it never did) and used the Circulator for our entire stay, since it had a stop right around the corner. Staff was friendly and helpful. Only negatives: 1) there were no luggage carts that first evening when we were trying to check in and transfer our stuff from the car. Ended up making several trips to get luggage up to the room. 2) Walls are paper thin (wasn't a problem for me since I am a fairly heavy sleeper, but my husband said he heard some interesting things! 3) And this is really the one that was the upsetting one - breakfast is included, but it is only served until 9 am, and if you don't get there early, you don't get anything. On our last morning, we got down there at 8:30 and EVERYTHING was gone. No bagels, no bread, no donuts, no english muffins, no eggs, no yogurt. When I inquired about staff replenishing these items, I was told that there were none that were "defrosted," so there was nothing else that was going to be put out. Staff surely know how many guests are staying at the hotel, so they should be able to better judge how much food they need.
Overall, it is a nice value hotel with some upscale touches in a really convenient location, and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family