“Outstanding Customer Focus”

Ranked #26 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
San Diego, California
“Outstanding Customer Focus”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My brother was getting married in Baltimore and I arranged for much of my extended family to fly in from all corners of the country and we used the Sheraton Inner Harbor as our base hotel. My family members were of all ages, a number of them with special needs, and all the normal chaos and dysfunction that goes along with a big family event like a wedding! While the event wasn't at the Sheraton, you wouldn't have known that based on how they supported everyone. From the valet to the front desk to Rena the outstanding concierge, they greeted us all by name, kept us moving in the right directions, and always did it with a great attitude and a friendly smile. Getting even two people in my family to agree on a place to eat is a small miracle, and from restaurant reservations to transportation support to special needs in the room, they handled everything without missing a beat. From my perspective, any hotel can have a great staff member. This hotel has a great staff. Everyone is clearly enabled to not just respond to your needs, but to anticipate them. I felt so fortunate I had chosen this hotel because their service was so good, I didn't have to worry about my elderly parents or my young cousins or my aunt that can't make up her mind. My family is like herding cats, and the staff at the Sheraton Inner Harbor were like the cat whisperers! Beyond the service, the rooms were fine, location is great, lots of places to eat and visit nearby, and great access to the Metro (in and out from the airport) and Camden Yards. I wish I had the staff at this hotel organizing my life at home.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My family and I stayed at the Sheraton for the weekend to celebrate my son's 2nd bday and take him to the Aquarium. The location was great - walkable to all the right spots. The staff was pleasant and very accommodating from making sure we got adjoining rooms to providing us with milk at 5am (at no charge) before room service and the restaurant opened. The rooms were clean and spacious. Overall, this was a fabulous weekend and we would definitely return to this location.

• Stayed March 2012
Tiburon, California
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We were in Baltimore for a convention and this was one of the show hotels. We checked in late and were told our request for a king-sized bed room was not available. We were finally given a 'handicap' room with a king bed but if I were disabled in any way this room would have been dangerous. There was a wire running across the floor on one side of the bed; a chair blocking the access to the bed on one side; one lamp for the room and closet doors that were difficult to open. We requested an extra lamp and asked for the doors to be fixed; the lamp was handled quickly but the closet doors were not fixed. We had to rearrange furniture to make an aisle to the bed and move the wire. The one sink in the bathroom would not drain (it was fixed after requesting it be done), the towel bar was falling off the wall, the chrome fixtures in the bathroom were filthy. This is quite dissappointing for a Sheraton/SPG property. We have stayed at the Hyatt across the street and it was much cleaner. We had workmen pounding on walls at 8AM and the staff linen closet was directly across from our room. Staff was very noisy every morning. The staff at the Sheraton was accommodating and pleasant which made up for some of the dissappointment.

Room Tip: Stay away from staff storage closets; get a room with one shared wall if possible.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2012 via mobile

Very comfy rooms as with most Sheratons these days (Lagos the exception to the rule as always of course!) with good beds, clean carpets and bathrooms with nice amenities. However, perhaps a little staff re-training wouldn't go amiss. Make that: A LOT of re-training.. What attitude!! In fact, just frankly rude most of the time in particular the staff on reception.

It never used to be an issue here but has become one over the last few years. They really don't seem to get that you are the guest and deserve at least a modicum of civility, let alone an acknowledgment that you exist as you stand waiting for one of them to decide he or she is ready to speak to you. Then hardly look up at you as they "serve" (loosest sense of the word) you. I always feel as if I am an inconvenience that they are desperate to be rid of. Amazing how their attitude completely changes depending on what you look like. I have actually had the humiliation on two occasions of having a staff member call forward a guest who was clearly behind me in the queue as they were obviously more the kind of person the staff wanted to deal with. I believe he referred to him as his "brother" on one occasion so maybe that was the reason...

A total disgrace. And a terrible mark against the Sheraton name and the people of Baltimore. I shall not be returning.

Stayed December 2011
4 Thank gflyer2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Having stayed here many times with my work have become used to what to expect. The first thing you will notice is the very loud piped music outside the front doors which becomes very annoying especially if you use the benches to have a smoke.

Reception is of average size but is so drab and dreary and really needs a complete facelift. The staff here are a bit hit and miss. There are some PC's in reception offering free internet access.. a nice touch. Adjoining reception is Mortons Steak House again decorated with very dark colours and not very welcoming. The Gift shop sells the usual tack with drinks and snacks etc but on this visit it was closed.

The room itself is actually quite good very comfortable clean beds, it looked as though the room I was in had recently been decorated so perhaps they are starting to upgrade.. Forget the TV its the normal tosh, 2 minutes of programming followed by 5 minutes of ads.

Bathroom was clean and well appointed, however one thing that continues to surprise me and worry me is that the Hairdryer sits adjacent to the sink so very possible to get it wet unless you move it. Surely this should be the mounted type on the wall, (out of the reach of children).

Room service is expensive however you can order food from the bar and take it to the room yourself. As mentioned before the staff are a bit hit and miss however the guy in the Bar is efficient, helpful and polite.

Cleaning staff need to be aware of different sleeping patterns and should endeavour to keep 'Quiet' in the corridors, being woken at 8am wasn't appreciated.

Location is good only a couple of minutes to the Harbour area

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business