“Conference weekend.”

Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
Ranked #45 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Very nice room. Front desk very helpful. Lobby was grungy. Need key for lavatory on lobby level. Had to get staff to open it for me following check out and it was dirty. Bell man steered me toward unlicensed jitney when my super shuttle no showed even though there was a real taxi right there. I did not realize until too late that I was not with licensed cab. As a woman traveling solo I was afraid and angry and will report this.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MiSusan
GM1765, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for the positive comments regarding our front desk staff. I would like to apologize that you felt as if we pointed you in the wrong direction when it came to the taxi. I will be taking a personal interest in this matter. Thank you again for your review and I hope you visit us again.
Sheraton Baltimore City Center

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Looking for the silver lining on my extended stay was the staff. They were ALL friendly, helpful, and alway eager to assist. This is from the desk staff, bell staff to housekeeping. Britney was the best. Always had a smile, a big hello, and asked if you needed anything special in regards to your room. The desk staff were absolutly great when it came to assisting with business needs, faxes, copies, at any hour of the day or night. The computers in the lobby area is a great idea.

The rooms were drafty. When the wind was blowing outside, the curtains were moving on the inside. During the rain storms, my ceiling would leak. I thought this odd considering I was on the 20th floor and there were other floors above me. The exterior noise continuiosly intruded upon the room, even on the 20th floor. Anytime day or night, sirens from medical and police vehicles were heard. Every friday night, like clockwork, there was some sort of altercation from the restaurant across the street where you were awoken by fights or gunshots. There were times as you looked out the window Baltimore's finest was putting up yellow tape and questioning those in the area. The activity would settle down about 2:30 am. The food in the attached restaurant, Shula's was overpriced and the wait staff on weekends for the most part were either slow, unfriendly or non existant.

The area outside of the hotel was dubious at best. Any travel to the west of the hotel had to be in groups. Lexington Market was OK during daylight but there were elements there that still were abusive. The use of the free bus service was helpful to leave the area and head to a safer part of town. When in Baltimore remember the purple and orange line. Many interesting places to eat and partake in the Federal Hill area and at the harbor.

If I go to Baltimore again I would be sure to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Not bad for a very short stay. Anything over two nights look elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
GM1765, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear valued guest.
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that our staff took good care of you and hope you change your mind about staying with us.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

My company selected this hotel and paid for a two-month stay for over 150 people to reside in the rooms, and also purchased numerous conference rooms for daily classes. Can you say $$$$$$? To begin - if I selected this hotel on my own, I would have abandoned my stinky room in the middle of the night. My pillows had blood on them from the bedbugs, and I am personally traumatized from the bites and unexplained bleeding and bumps I left there with. This hotel is outdated, and between the two towers (and who knows how many rooms), there are only 3 washers (2 working) and 3 dryers. While I was there, I had to wash clothes between 2:00 and 4:00am in order to find an available washer/dryer in the laundry room. My company had numerous problems, all of which received a response that was only geared towards keeping our organization from voiding their contract with this place. Was it terrible staying here? YES, and it was an endurance test. Sometimes the rooms didn’t get cleaned. The conference rooms were hot, poorly lit, and ventilated with the stench of this old dilapidated building’s basement smells. The public bathrooms were rarely cleaned and smelled like pure p$%&. We endured this and more, and received no points for it? We should have received points, free gifts, an apology, a back rub, and FREE BED BUG CREAM!!! Upon arriving, we were told that we would receive Starwood points for our stay if we could provide a Starwood membership number. Later, we were told, "Since your company paid for the room in your name, points cannot be granted." OK, other hotels in the area that housed employees from my organization provided points, so why not Starwood? Personally, I believe this is their way of saying, "don't stay here next time!" No problem! I would like to ask that anyone belonging to my organization (you know who you are) please let the folks who decide to pay substandard hotels such as this, such astronomical $$$$ to simply STOP!!! More specifically, DO NOT SEND ANOTHER LARGE GROUP TO THIS HOTEL!!! By the way, I Will not rest until someone hears me on this one!!! I already contacted the national office for SPG, but to no avail. I was told that the hotel must deal with this situation. Well Sheraton Baltimore City Center...…..DEAL WITH IT!!! P.S. Shula’s is outdated, and the food/service is mediocre at best. The sound of sirens is so prevalent that I cannot sleep without the sound of them now. This area is not safe, and gunshots will be heard (possible seen) if you stay here long enough. Don't let the valet order you a cab - they will cheat you! Do not take the suggestion to eat at Mo's, it is horrible! That's enough for now, I'm certain that the General Manger of the hotel will NOT respond to me since I am complimenting his hotel. So what!! The truth is the truth!!! If you think I am "HOT", wait until you here from my colleagues.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Ronald R

Dear valued guest.
Thank you for taking time to post this review, we are in the process of investigating your incident and will be contacting your group leaders.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

GIRL'S WEEEND!! We checked in the Friday before the big game (Ravens). We were denied an upgrade because, according to the man at the front desk "the hotel is booked solid and there aren't any available". Later, we asked about the continental breakfast on the club level and were told "it's closed because we aren't busy enough to have it open". HUH??

The Bellman Darien (??) gave us an excellent recommendation for dinner, Luna del Sea. He called for a complimentary car to bring us there and back. The food was excellent! Upon our return, Darien was waiting in the lobby with kind words and a complimentary bottled water for each of us. The daytime bellman, I didn't get his name, was just as helpful and kind. We never once opened a door and never entered or left the hotel without a friendly greeting. I can not say as much for the front desk. Truly lacking in the customer service department. Maybe they can get some pointers from the bellmen!

Our only disappointment was Shulas restaurant. We stopped in for a drink on Saturday night and asked the waiter what they had to offer as far as "hot coffee drinks". He flipped open the menu and said "we have this extensive list of martinis". I said "we want coffee drinks please". It was all down hill from there. He gave us our tiny cups of coffee, one with Kahlua and one with Irish whiskey. We drank them. He didn't come back until we were done. He said "are you ladies all set"? We said yes, he slammed the check on the table.....$23.98.....and we left the cash in the folder....$24.00.....and left. He was grouchy, miserable and not at ALL an asset to Shulas. The prices are outrageous so the least they should do is give GREAT service which he didn't.

The hotel room was clean and bright. The noise was awful outside. The neighborhood was sketchy after dark. We had a great time in the city....aquarium, comedy club, dinner on the Inner Harbor.....but probably won't go back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Dear valued guest.
Thank you for such a detailed review, our bell staff was very pleased to hear your kind words. I would like to apologize that we were not able to upgrade you. I would also like for you to know that we will continue on developing our staff on providing our guests with great service. I truly hope to see you back for another girl’s weekend.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on NYE while attending the Baltimore NYE Party Extravaganza. Our stay was ok, the room was clean and comfortable, although rather small. My only complaint would be the bathroom - 1 small sink and not 1 shelf to put your toiletries on. Other than that, nothing special.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest.
Thank you for your review and I hope you had a great time at our NYE Party. I would be very pleased to see you come back next year and please be sure to ask for a bigger room. If possible I am sure our staff will be more then glad to find you an upgrade.