“Clean, Comfortable Accomodations”

Ranked #37 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
salem,va
“Clean, Comfortable Accomodations”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

easy access to johns hopkins, inner harbor, restaurants and freeway. nice view from 8th floor. comfortable beds, pillows and pleasant staff. the free breakfast was a nice plus which included eggs, sausage, cereals, juice, breads, etc., more than your normal continental breakfast. we didn't use the shuttle bus but if you are going to johns hopkins, it would definitely save you on the parking fees.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank offunspirit
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I recently traveled to Baltimore for interviews and was very impressed by the Best Western. Although the hotel is not situated in the friendliest part of town, the staff was friendly and helpful (especially the hotel shuttle drivers!) and amenities included a hot breakfast every morning and free hotel shuttle service to all of the local hospitals and even the downtown Baltimore area. I highly recommend staying here if you are on a tight budget but would still like to get the most out of your city visit!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank sugarpod
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I have to say, I experienced the best service at this hotel I've ever had in my life. I was visiting my friend at Johns Hopkins University, however, after a strange experience with the Chinatown bus company, I was left stranded in Baltimore travel plaza. I walked into Best Western, hoping they could give me directions to the University. However, after speaking with the front desk clerk, I learned the University was almost impossible to get to via public transportation.

After finding out a cab would cost more than $50, I was in panic. I am a college student after all, and operating on a tight budget. However, the front desk clerk, Kal, couldn't have been more helpful. He was driving a guest to Johns Hopkins Hospital and said he'd give me a ride as well. He didn't have to do that. I wasn't a guest at the hotel and he had no responsibility to help me out. Yet, he did it anyway. He talked to me and calmed me down and directed me to someone in the hospital, who knew where the free shuttle to the University was located. Without his help, I would have been stranded in Baltimore.

I am eternally grateful for the amazing service I received at the Best Western Plus and if I'm ever in Baltimore I can guarantee, I will be staying there.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Sean1993
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 7 November 2011

On the first might of my honeymoon, my husband and I drove up to Baltimore to spend the night before leaving on a cruise the next day. The hotel is very clean and nice.The front desk staff are very nice. However, after the front desk called two different cab companies, no cab showed up after an hour of waiting. We don't know the area, and did not want to be driving around on what should be a stress free evening trying to find a good restaurant. We gave up waiting and went to the hotel restaurant. 15 minutes later, no one had come to wait on us so we chose to walk across the street to the McDonalds. At least they provided some service! Very sad that a huge chain and nice hotel has zero relationship status with local taxi companies. My husband will make sure this hotel is taken off his company's "places to stay" list.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel while I was visiting Baltimore for a concert. This hotel is located no more than 13 minutes from 1st Marina Arena. The staff were friendly and helped us when needed. They have free wifi and a free breakfast buffett. The rooms were neat and clean. You can tell the hotel has done some upgrades in the past couple of years. The bed was very comfortable and I loved the pillows. I slept very well! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends