“Treated as a Guest Always”

Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #39 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
San Francisco, California
“Treated as a Guest Always”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I have to say, I experienced the best service at this hotel I've ever had in my life. I was visiting my friend at Johns Hopkins University, however, after a strange experience with the Chinatown bus company, I was left stranded in Baltimore travel plaza. I walked into Best Western, hoping they could give me directions to the University. However, after speaking with the front desk clerk, I learned the University was almost impossible to get to via public transportation.

After finding out a cab would cost more than $50, I was in panic. I am a college student after all, and operating on a tight budget. However, the front desk clerk, Kal, couldn't have been more helpful. He was driving a guest to Johns Hopkins Hospital and said he'd give me a ride as well. He didn't have to do that. I wasn't a guest at the hotel and he had no responsibility to help me out. Yet, he did it anyway. He talked to me and calmed me down and directed me to someone in the hospital, who knew where the free shuttle to the University was located. Without his help, I would have been stranded in Baltimore.

I am eternally grateful for the amazing service I received at the Best Western Plus and if I'm ever in Baltimore I can guarantee, I will be staying there.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Sean1993
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 7 November 2011

On the first might of my honeymoon, my husband and I drove up to Baltimore to spend the night before leaving on a cruise the next day. The hotel is very clean and nice.The front desk staff are very nice. However, after the front desk called two different cab companies, no cab showed up after an hour of waiting. We don't know the area, and did not want to be driving around on what should be a stress free evening trying to find a good restaurant. We gave up waiting and went to the hotel restaurant. 15 minutes later, no one had come to wait on us so we chose to walk across the street to the McDonalds. At least they provided some service! Very sad that a huge chain and nice hotel has zero relationship status with local taxi companies. My husband will make sure this hotel is taken off his company's "places to stay" list.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel while I was visiting Baltimore for a concert. This hotel is located no more than 13 minutes from 1st Marina Arena. The staff were friendly and helped us when needed. They have free wifi and a free breakfast buffett. The rooms were neat and clean. You can tell the hotel has done some upgrades in the past couple of years. The bed was very comfortable and I loved the pillows. I slept very well! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank echappell86
Seneca Falls, New York
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Upon arrival, made reservations for shuttle to/back from Oriole's game
on 2nd night. Used shuttle early in day to Harbor. Driver had paper w rm
# of guest on shutttle.
My husband and 2 kids & I took shuttle to game & 4 others were dropped off at
game. Driver told us where/when pick up. After game all 8 of us waited
for shuttle. upon arrival 4 extra people got on shuttle, wasnt any room
for us(husband, 15 & 12 yr old) By now we were the only ones on street.
Asked who was on clipboard. He didnt bring it. I said we weren't to be
left behind, it's 15 min ea way! He called other shuttle & it was still
@ hotel, said were on the way. I stated we were taking cab @ hotels
expense. Called hotel,got ok. Got back to hotel, driver was @ desk, said
other shuttle pulled up right behind him which was a lie,other shuttle
was still at hotel! We were told hotel was booked & they were very busy.
Same excuse when I called desk for a 4th bath towel(1 for ea). No towels
@pool 2x. Called 2x to open pool doors @4pm &waited. No aquarium tx
avail-again too busy. ANGRY

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Misssyj

Travellers are raving about these Baltimore hotels

Neshanic Station, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I recently stayed at this property because we had a trade show at the convention center in the Inner Harbor. The price of this hotel was much less expensive than the suggested show hotels and I think well worth it.

It's right off the interstate so I found it pretty easy to get to.

It was very clean. Just make sure you don't get the room across from the ice machine.

Friendly staff. The shuttle worked out well. But don't expect it to be a chauffer service it's a shuttle and makes several stops ...so plan accordingly.

Room Tip: Get away from the elevator and the vending/ice machines.