“A perfect spot to stay while in Baltimore!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Scarborough Fair Bed & Breakfast

Scarborough Fair Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 13 Baltimore B&B and Inns
Cincinnati
“A perfect spot to stay while in Baltimore!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

My first visit to see my 23 year-old son since he moved to Baltimore was made even better with my stay at Scarborough Fair B&B! Great location in historic Federal Hill made it great for walking to his place in Locust Hill...and on to Fells Point. I loved returning to the B&B; it felt like I lived in the neighborhood. So much more personal than an earlier trip to an Inner Harbor hotel.

I stayed in The Edgar Allan Poe suite which was newly renovated and complete with all amenities, plus some fun decorating accessories from Poe's works. Quaint lobby with library. Staff was friendly and professional. Breakfast was far from typical: Homemade and delicious. My son, who didn't stay at the B&B was welcome to have breakfast with me each day. I was most impressed when staff set an extra place at the last minute for his girlfriend! I would go back in a minute!

Room Tip: I think all but one of the six rooms are en suite. If you want a bathroom as part of your room, make...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Meg M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Unfortunately, I was visiting Baltimore on business and only stayed one night at Scarborough Fair. This is a great location for tourist, business travel or visiting family. Right in the middle of the Federal Hill neighborhood, you fell like a local. My room had an outside entrance which was very nice, especially since I had a very early flight - I didn't feel like I was waking up the other guests with my early departure. Barry, the Innkeeper, was so nice and had me a 'To Go' breakfast waiting along with a coffee to go. The very best Orange Muffins I've ever had...I will be back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank SheilaThomas
Oakland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Scarborough Fair's decor is period fitting the home and the neighborhood. The services and comfort are contemporary, fitting every guests needs. Our lovely room with the jetted tub and the elegant bedding were a perfect to start and end to a day in Baltimore. The breakfasts are creative and delicious but if you are looking for something less substantial or have some dietary issues the owner is more than willing to prepare whatever you like. He does this with flair and without any sense that you are disrupting the kitchen. There is always tea, coffee, cold drinks and some delicious pastry and fresh fruit so if you are looking for a mid day and late evening snack it is available in the gracious dining room. The host and staff are delightful and more than willing to aid you in anyway you need to enhance your time in Baltimore. Every recommendation that gave was spot on. We had a terrific week and will return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lynn H
Andreas, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We were very happy with our stay. It was our first trip to Baltimore and everyone was very helpful with all our questions. The room was incredible, the food was super, and they were easily able to help me with my dietary restrictions.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank megon d
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed for 5 nights while visiting family in Baltimore. Our room was very comfortable and tastfully furnished. We enjoyed the freshly cooked breakfasts each morning which set us up for the day. Barry the host was extremely helpful (even before we arrived), by directing us to the B&B as we got hopelessly lost and continued to provide us with maps during our stay. This is a charming little B&B in an ideal position for the Inner Harbour and we look forward to returning when we next visit Baltimore.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple